Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my Note is now out of warranty I think i'll have to change the OE " Noddy " horn. I have a pair of Bosch dual tone horn's rated at 60 watts each, does any one know if the fuse and relay can handle this wattage or do I have to fit an uprated fuse and/ or relay? My workshop manual gives no wattage rating for the OE horn.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, fuse # 35 is 10amp and only for the horn and it's relay.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding mdvineng, sadly it wasn't the answer I was looking for as my work shop manual already gave me that information, what I needed to know was if the fuse would be able to handle the extra wattage from the twin horns.Luckily I spoke to a friend of mine who is a domestic electrician, he said if I use 'ohms law' I would be able to work out the 'load' for the horns. I did the calculation and suffice to say the 10 amp fuse will be ok.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
sorry , assumed you knew how to work it out!multiply 10x12 =120 watts
this puts the 10 amp fuse right on the limit and with possible inductive surge at first PARP! may blow the fuse, if not it will go with some use, due to working near the rupture current limit, this causes fatigue of the fuse link and eventual failure.
Edited by: mdvineng

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mdvineng, it's a long time since I did all that science stuff at school, I think a few grey cells are starting to wonder off, need a gentle reminder every now and then

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
s'aright i'm getting to point where i can't remember if i locked the front door or no,t or whether I'm going upstairs for something and if I am, what was it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts