Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one had a problem with the central locking mechanism in their Noteon an 07 plate? It is intermittent, we are having trouble either locking or unlocking it .
It appears to be a problem on our drive as it hasn't happened yet anywhere else.
I bought it a month ago I have tried to resolve it with the main dealer but they are at a loss

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've not a clue, mines been fine for the past 20 months of ownership, is the battery ok in the blipper? Might seem a daft Q but starting with the basics....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nissan have had the car back twice and have fitted new betteries to both keys i dont think thay have a clue

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had a Mazda van a few years ago that refused to start in certain locations unless I entered the immobiliser code first...something to do with atmospheric dead spots according to my friend the physics professor. It was always in the same places, most notably in a particularly industrial part of Hayes which I visit regularly. Funny though, none of my other cars ever do it.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Haven't got a mobile phone transmitter nearby have you, particularly one that has been upgraded?

They are notorious, I speak from industry experience, for interfering with remote key signals on some makes.

If you have there is nothing that you can do sadly as the operators refuse to accept that thre is a problem

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
does it happen if the car is parked up or down the drive

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
greebo10 said:
that could be it,
but it happens now and again not all the time

Although there is a pemanent 'carrier' from a base station it 'ramps up' if there are multiple users on it at any time. The signal strength is not at all high bt enough to cause interference.

Just wait until we go 4G where all freeview boxes within a 100m radius will need filter or they will go off the air.!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Next time it doesn't work, mark where the tyres are somehow, and move it a foot either way. You may find that you can get it into a deadspot where there is no interference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts