Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started a few days ago.. I can not lock/unlock drivers door (left driver seat)
with the remote key. All other doors works fine.. There's also no click sound on the drivers door when pressing the remote button (both lock&unlock).. So I'm using the key the old fashion way now.. What worries me is that locking & unlocking with the key does not affect the other door locks.. When all doors are locked and I turn the key in the drivers door to unlock - it only unlocks driver's door.. Only after I pull the door handle - all doors are unlocked.. But what about locking without the remote? I can only lock drivers door with the key, all other doors stays unlocked until I use the remote.. Should all doors be locked after I lock the drivers door with a key? ..confused

2006. Visia 1.4

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Sounds like you have a solenoid malfunction on the drivers door lock.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
As above by using the key, you trigger the central locking to lock/unlock the rest of the doors, the drivers door solenoid also has switches in if the solenoid is faulty it wont lock/unlock
the key actually mechanicaly locks the door (in you case its on the drivers door as its lhd)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
..strange thing is that now it works again, except the key in cylinder still does not trigger other locks and the click sound on drivers door is still barely hearable ..so, I'm trying to have clear picture before opening the door next weekend. Is there another word for SOLENOID? Just looking at workshop manual, is it the device in side the "door lock assembly" or assembly itself?

Or I'm having the wrong picture here?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
in the esm it may be refered to as a lock motor

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
please look or search in the How To: forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.