Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Note with what I assume is the standard radio/CD player. After about 20 minutes playing time the CD player cuts out. It won't play and it won't eject the CD. After 10 minutes or so it will eject, but it won't play for about 30 minutes. When the CD comes out it's very hot.
Today I parked next to another Note at a supermarket. In chatting to the owner I found that he was experiencing exactly the same problem.
Anyone know if anything can be done - other than buy a new one?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dirty (dusty) in the laser optics. Overheating due to reduced internal gain, and therefore stop. Should be cleaned with a CD player. If you are not smart enough to do, but rather leave it to professionals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Papo. By coincidence, I'm just eating a large slice of poppy seed cake made by an Hungarian friend. I'll get the unit out of the car and see if it's easy to access the laser for cleaning.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Far simpler to buy an Allsop CD/DVD cleaner for a few quid.

It's normally a dust build-up and the Allsop is great at clearing it.

If you have a branch of Richer Sonds nearby they do their own version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Nigel - I'm very much in favour of simple solutions. I've just ordered the Allsop version online.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No problem.

I've had my Allsop cleaner for ages and it has worked every time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take care with the cleaning solution such as damage to the laser head forever. Talk to people who have successfully used this type.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The Allsop is a dry system and uses a series of brushes to 'sweep' the laser optic.

No fluids are used but your warning about wet-type systems is valid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts