Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, newbie here. I have an 06 1.4 petrol note fitted with a single cd player. I have bought a double din on ebay which the seller listed as a 6 disc. After purchase I realised that the facia is only single din (doh). So, help please:1, Is the Clarion pp-3001m a single or multi player (it doesnt have a load button on the front) It does have bluetooth, aux etc on the front?
2, Is it straight forward to change the surround, fit an aux and a microphone for the bluetooth or should I just resell and replace with a single din ipod unit?
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if its a 6 disc it only has 1 slot and holds the discs internally it should say 6 disc changer on the front of the unit
the microphone goes up in the roof linning and the aux port lives in the top cubby

you may have issues with the wiring if its a late 08 onwards 6 disc,if its an earlly 6 disc you will also need a surround as its not a din size unit

if you want to go aftermarket there are some nice double din units about from £105 alpine do some nice double dins now from £139

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/head-units-double-din/?mode=&catid=&SearchSortBy=PLH&page=1used these loads of times in the past may be a 1-2 pound dearer but there service is second to none !!!

if you want sat nav and to stay oem look at the nissan connect but you wont get much change out of 4-500 quid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The listing says that its from a 2009 car (ebay item 251140842906) Pictures show the front and back. The front doesnt say 6 disc and it doesnt have a load button but I dont know if that was only on the early models? My car doesnt have the aux in the top cubby hole but I was wondering if there are leads available that would allow me to mount a microphone elsewhere and have the aux in the glove box?If I buy a later surround with the aux in the cubby hole can I mount a microphone elsewhere? Any advice from someone who has already surpassed these problems would help. I have tried google for the model of the radio but the links relate to service manuals etc.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Take out your existing unit. If it uses ISO connectors, buy a new single DIN bluetooth radio with USB player facility. The bluetooth will work properly, downloading the phonebook by itself, the mic is built in the front panel, and you pop a small memory sick in the usb for more music than 6 CDs, with the extra of a display telling you the song title.

The Nissan double din units use a special nisssan plug, and are somewhat primitive to say the least.

However, the single din dash top is sought after by people wishing to get decent radio functionality, without going for the connect.

If going for ipod control, try and get one where the ipod lead plugs in the back, and you con route it through to the glovebox. The ones that have to plug into the radio front panel are untidy, and you have to unplug them to take the panel off usually.

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have contacted the seller who insists it's a 6 disc. Does anyone know if there is a six disc that doesn't have a load button?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
theres plenty of double dins on the market now.
to look at it, Ithas 1 extra button and it say six disc changeron the front

iirc you load i by the 1-6 buttons in cd mode

1 - 6 of 6 Posts