Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday 1st 7pm Austin repowered

Anyone been watching this series ? I tend to wait for them to come up on the interweb as sky is way overpriced for the amount i want to watch as most of the discovery/nat geo channels are only on the top packages

·
Registered
276 Posts
We only have the basic (cheapest) Sky package yet we have Nat Geo?I've just set this series to record, starting with "Anglia Angels" tomorrow at 12:00, so will let you know.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iirc first one was the fiat spider, the second was a jeep, 3rd was a beetle, 4th was a cosworth

watched the 7th one last night a 1929 Austin 12/4

Some of the things they do are becoming a dyeing art like cold stitching cast iron. the show isn't a full on restoration but more preservation

another show I have been watching is fast'n'loud it can go off track but thay show a lot of detail on most yank classicsEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Westgate Classics are about 2 miles from me.

I've watched quite a few episodes, but there is a little too much human interest/backstory for my taste, and not enough about the cars.

Just watched the zephyr.

Off they go to get a period radio, and he comes back with a portable, but I'm sure that there was one on the back parcel shelf when they got it, and I'm sure that you don't fit those windscreens like that, I have a recollection of using parachute cord to flip the rubber over the lip inside the car, but maybe the old memory is playing tricks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've done it a couple of times, a couple of minis, and the rear screen in a Ford Orion, about 20 years ago

The rubber has a groove on the outside for a locking strip, you remove it and push the screen outwards with your feet, into the arms of your best mate. Looked like they were trying to fit it the way it came out

It didn't break anyway...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts