Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have spent the last 4-5 days preping and painting some car trims, letting things cure and flash off properly, any way went to put the final 2 coats of clear on them they looked really top notch for all of 2 mins, then the paint reacted
i had only picked up a can of CLEAR ...................... plastic primer out of 20 odd cans

back to square one and ive got to do them all over again and respray another bit of trim so the paint match's due to the mix

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
At least it didn't hurt.

Way back in my youth after a game of rugby, the team all came out of the showers. One of our second-rows picked up a can of 'deodorant' and sprayed under his arms and a more 'sensitive' area.

The immediate screaming revealed the 'deodorant' to be an aerosol of Ralgex.

Poor sod didn't stop whimpering for hours, even after another couple of -now cold as the hot water only lasted for a finite period- showers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I once hand-painted an Austin A50 I owned - nice creamy colour and it looked good. Stepped back to admire the results and kicked a pot of tyre black paint up the door. The Oxford English Dictionary was enhanced by several new entries.....

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
way back in my apprentice days we hot dipped galvanised an MGB body @GEC, stove enamelled a Triumph Stag ( workshop managers car) and spray Hammerited blue a Triumph herald.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mdvineng said:
way back in my apprentice days we hot dipped galvanised an MGB body @GEC ....

Which GEC works was that? Back in those good ol' days I "did my time" at GEC in Stafford and GEC Industrial Controls in Kidsgrove (N.Staffs).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
high voltage switchgear trafford park

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
funny enough I worked at the GEC office it Kent for a few weeks and my friends son is head of accounts for 3 departments up in Leicestershire now

like most thing that where British its now owned by the yanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts