Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Note, 1.2 Dig-S Petrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2016 1.2 DIG-S for 2 years and it's time for the MOT plus the second round of servicing. This is from the main dealer as part of the purchase deal. I booked it online via their website and one option was for a new Cambelt. I didn't choose that but asked in the comments box if it needed doing as the car is only 5 years old and on 18k miles.

I then got a phone call from them accepting my booking and the girl on the end said I did need the cambelt changing at only £309.....
I'm pretty sure that my Note doesn't have a cambelt but a timing chain that doesn't need replacing.

Am I right? Are they pulling a fast one?

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
All petrol engines have a chain. Only the diesel have a belt.(y)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've had my 2016 1.2 DIG-S for 2 years and it's time for the MOT plus the second round of servicing. This is from the main dealer as part of the purchase deal. I booked it online via their website and one option was for a new Cambelt. I didn't choose that but asked in the comments box if it needed doing as the car is only 5 years old and on 18k miles.

I then got a phone call from them accepting my booking and the girl on the end said I did need the cambelt changing at only £309.....
I'm pretty sure that my Note doesn't have a cambelt but a timing chain that doesn't need replacing.

Am I right? Are they pulling a fast one?
I guess the nissan stealer has a 'broad' service schedule on their system to cover both petrol and diesel variants.
The girl on the desk bless her wouldn't have a clue.
Unless she's mistaking it for the auxillary belt... But £300! I doubt it.
Once your car is in there I'm sure (hope) someone will give it the required service and you can be certain it'll get the minimum attention that they can get away with.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
DIG-S has two aux belts: a main one and a supercharged one, which cost > 100 eur from dealers ( Gates brand ). FYI, I bought both exactly the same for 15eur from autodoc.
Then a labor cost of ~ 120 eur from dealers and then VAT and you will have something ~ 300eur.

However, there is no reason to change them if you don't hear something wrong like a loud squeak sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts