Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have put a deposit down at west London Nissan on a 2006 '56' Nissan Note SVE auto in light blue that's done just over 17k miles.
Iv heard that nissans go on forever but surely there must be a few things to look out for or to check before I commit fully?
Like I said before its a 2006 sve 1.6 auto 17k on the clock and has had 1 previous owner which had it through mobility scheme, been told its has full service history.

Any suggestions would be massively helpful!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
WLMG are straight, it's where I got mine.
The Motability scheme only has vehicles up to three years old(unless wheelchair adapted which, of course doesn't apply to the Note).so check who has had it since 2009 and ask to see the full Nissan service history.
Just make sure everything, particularly the electrics, is fully operational.

Good, fairly bomb-proof gearbox and a timing chain (noy belt) which saves you money in the long run.

I assume that WLMG are offering a warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
The guy had it for the 3years then brought it afterwards hence the 6years. The day I came in was the day he part ex'd it and was picking up his new note in the same spec and colour
so it wasn't in a 'main dealer' condition just yet, I had a quick look at whilst it was being valeted and I'm going to have a proper look 2moro.
They are offering a years warranty only if I take finance out. But so far my experience with the dealer has been 50/50. When they first showed me the car the said one price then discounted it by £200. I then went Home and looked on auto-trader
and found that it was already on there but at a cheaper price than the discounted one they offered. When we told them they wasn't very helpful and its taken 2days of over the phone negotiating to get a further discount.
The car is lovely but was a bit worried with all the reported problems iv heard like front screens cracking, corrosion on the front struts and the illusive knocking.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Never heard of screens cracking (insurance job anyway). The struts problem can be minimised (see other threads here) and the elusive knocking is not something that I have experienced.
Tell them you'll walk away without the warranty (it costs them nothing unless something goes wrong).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problems aren't something that's noted on places like parkers.co.uk but as iv dug deeper its popped up a few times.
Definitely will say that, I think there dying for the business anyway.
At first they wanted £1800 in interest on their finance but as soon as we stood up to walk away they dropped it to £300, Which is nice of them.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
£300 isn't that bad if you get a years' full warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I hope you've taken it, or going to take it for a good test drive. Not a 2 mile, down the road and back jobby.Do a few hard left and right turns, when it's safe to do so, and try and find a bit of an uneven road surface to give it a bit of shake up. (That should be easy after the weather you've had.
), and listen for any noises that seem unusual.
Give the brakes a good hard test, where it's safe to do so.

As with all cars, they have there minor niggles, and no car is bullet proof.

I have to say......'(touch wood), my Note has been without problems.

Don't forget, there are plenty more Notes about, if this one falls through.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The screens dont crack but on the facelift there seems a few cars from 2009-2011 that have leaks, but like anything we area nissan note only forum so something that looks common prob isnt on here
front end problems are known about whats mainly down to the bushes squeeking no problem with the struts the top mounts can fill up with water due to blocked drain holes and the screw holes but thats an easy fix

over time the drop links can start to go slack there £12-20 ea to replace and no more than an hours labour if you get them done

tbh no matter whatbrand you go for there will be known issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info!
When doin some digging is when I saw their were issues surrounding the struts but It didn't go into detail about what the issue was so thanks for clearing if all up!!
I haven't taken it just yet but did put a deposit down! Goin for a nice long test drive 2moro morning and will make sure I give it a good seeing to

Once again thanks or all the help! Put my mind at ease!!!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If you are going to WLMG in Hanwell then go down some of the side roads off Boston Road. The speed humps and rough surfaces should expose any rattles and squeaks.
Please note this 'local knowledge' service is not available elsewhere

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
As I have now found out, motability cars suffer a couple of unique problems.

They have wheelchairs dumped in the back, which knock the hell out of the boot plastics.
The owners generally are not inclined to wash the underside, which encourages rusting.

Also. contrary to what you might have read, the note is not an easy car to park, due to the long wheelbase, and tends to get covered in dings at the back, and scrapes about half way along.
For the same reason, the back tyres tend to get scraped on kerbs, and are permanently punctured from rolling over all the screws and nails that fall off jobbing builders pickups, and lie in the dead zone around islands and at corners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a shame I'm goin mill hill instead!
I'm sure Barnet has some terrible roads to rival those of Hanwell!
Il keep you informed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mnl said:
As I have now found out, motability cars suffer a couple of unique problems.

They have wheelchairs dumped in the back, which knock the hell out of the boot plastics.
The owners generally are not inclined to wash the underside, which encourages rusting.

Also. contrary to what you might have read, the note is not an easy car to park, due to the long wheelbase, and tends to get covered in dings at the back, and scrapes about half way along.
For the same reason, the back tyres tend to get scraped on kerbs, and are permanently punctured from rolling over all the screws and nails that fall off jobbing builders pickups, and lie in the dead zone around islands and at corners.
I had a quick look around the body work when I saw it last but il make sure I delve deeper!
Especially make sure the tyres and underbody r up to scratch!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The dings at the back are from those short poles found all over supermarket carparks, and are in the bumper mainly.

Check around the front edge of the rear wheelarch, where the rear door meets it.

Either Nissan simply cannot be bothered to make the doors the same shape as the body (quite likely as they couldn't be bothered making the rear axle straight on a significant number of our cars) or mine has had work either on the door or the arch. (Pity I didn't notice this before I bought it. Next time I will take some polish and offer to clean & polish the car on the forecourt)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all,
Proud to say, I am the new owner of a Nissan Note SVE 1.6 auto!
Have it a good check and made sure none of the listed problems were apparent! And even had a good 20minute test drive over all sorta of roads!
Pick it up on Wednesday morning!
Yippee!

Thanks for all your help!
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
J3WDECAI said:
Hi all,
Proud to say, I am the new owner of a Nissan Note SVE 1.6 auto!
Have it a good check and made sure none of the listed problems were apparent! And even had a good 20minute test drive over all sorta of roads!
Pick it up on Wednesday morning!
Yippee!

Thanks for all your help!
Much appreciated!
Just a quick word of warning...if you're picking it up from WLMG
Hanwell, make sure that the car they give you is THE SAME ONE YOU PAID
FOR!!!
An aquaintance of Mrs Elephant went to them after being very
impressed with our Note and they showed him a nice 1.4 Acenta which he
agreed to buy. He returned to the showroom a week later and collected
the car...but a few days later was puzzled to find that the storage space under the
passenger seat squab had vanished since he first saw the vehicle! Then a
wheel trim fell off, revealing the steel beneath (as you can see, this
chap is no Einstein). To make matters worse, the rear seats were so wet
they had MOULD growing on them, and he contracted a bronchial infection.
Of course WLMG denied any wrongdoing, but after legal threats etc they
cancelled the purchase agreement and took the car back. So what did this
genius do? He bought ANOTHER ONE from them! DUUUUHHH...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Oh...I just saw that you're getting it from Mill Hill instead! What a silly elephant I am. Let's hope they're a bit better than that shower in Boston Manor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts