Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, after whiling away the hours on autotrader I'm seriously considering a Note as our next car. I have searched this site but can't find a buyer's guide anywhere. Does one exist? If not then what are the common problems I should be looking out for when viewing/test driving these cars?

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Try...What Car. http://www.whatcar.com/

There are plenty of others, just google.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Welcome.
Have a good trawl through the newbies threads and you will pick up sound advice about common problems. There ar, as with any car, afew (suspension knocks and water leaks being the key two).

My personal tips are: buy with a FULL service history, take it for a decent extended test drive and make sure that ALL the electrics (and 'toys') are 100% working as they are damned expensive to fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Nigel B. I had come across a couple of posts about water ingress and was pretty disgusted for a modern car do be doing this. I've had it in a 10 year old Clio with perished sunroof seal but would expect better from Nissan, although since I last owned a Nissan (K11 Micra) they've got into bed with Renault which is obviously a recipe for disaster in terms of quality control.
Not easy to check for water ingress on a test drive, unless I feel around for dampness or take a watering can with me!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Check under the carpets in the front footwells and around the spare wheel area. If dry here you are probably OK.

It's the price one pays for having the glass poorly glued into place rather than in 'proper' seals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've picked up the search for a car after some time off and have found a private sale Note. A couple of points- the engine seemed to rock back and forth excessively upon start up. I know all engines move a bit when started but it seemed excessive on the Note. Is this normal?
Also the steering wheel was very chewed up. I'd never seen such a messed up steering wheel on a4 year old car. Even if the last owner wore a ring you wouldn't expect such a mess. This wouldn't be repairable either. Again is this normal?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No (it does rock but no more than one would normally expect) and no (definitely).

Walk away, there are always more Notes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I once saw a car parked in a supermarket car park with a small terrier inside trying to eat the steering wheel - maybe that's what happened to this one!I'd agree with what Nigel has said - leave well alone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GeorgeP56 said:
I once saw a car parked in a supermarket car park with a small terrier inside trying to eat the steering wheel - maybe that's what happened to this one!

Now you mention it I think you've got that absolutely spot on!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Cars are personal things, its not that easy to write up a buyers guide as it will not cover every aspect or cover everything everyone one wants to read

This is a note forum so you will get bias (and not so bias views)

Like any marque each car has it pro's, con's and quirks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts