Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Nissan Note in January, just gone to open door (as usual and not with force) and it has snapped off on left hand side of handle. Door lock button still works but can't open door from outside only inside.
I am guessing handle won't be covered under my warranty so very annoyed as don't expect a handle to break!
Is this going to be an expensive fix?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
All Nissan parts are expensive.

A handle should not break in normal use, if still under warranty I would enquire.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Door handles just don't snap off, take it back and if you purchased it from a dealer, not privately, and they say "sold as seen", just say I'll see what trading standards have to say about it, because with the new laws they now cannot do that.
So take it back.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Have you tried a breakers yard? Don't know if your door handles are chrome or the same colour as your door, with a breakers, you might get a different colour, but a can of spray will soon fix that.
As for fixing it yourself, it's a matter of removing the door card to see for yourself how it's fitted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2015 Nissan Note in January, just gone to open door (as usual and not with force) and it has snapped off on left hand side of handle. Door lock button still works but can't open door from outside only inside.
I am guessing handle won't be covered under my warranty so very annoyed as don't expect a handle to break!
Is this going to be an expensive fix?
OK - it's an old post but having found no other info online when I searched I'll add my experience with this problem anyway in case it is useful for anyone else in the future ..........

Firstly mine is a 2014 Note with a keyless entry button on the handle. I bought a replacement handle from a breakers in Germany via eBay thinking the right hand door handle must be the same in both countries. Wrong - the drivers door has a physical key lock in it for emergencies! Anyway - in the end it didn't matter to me as I kept the old key lock unit.

I took off the inertia trim to access the door handle mechanism. I never did work out how to replace the whole unit but as it was only the handle that was broken for me it didn't matter.

Firstly remove the plastic stopper on the side of the door and using a torx screwdriver undo the screw that holds the thumb plate / physical lock in position. Once that is done the thumb plate can be pulled out (I didn't remove the physical lock mechanism but managed to work around it still connected.

Secondly I loosened the door handle mechanism from within the door void by removing the two bolts that hold the metal plate over the mechanism so that it could be moved just a bit (this is the part I never worked out how to take out completely). After this it was possible to pull the outside (moving part only) handle backwards so that it comes free with a click. (mine was broken so the two parts had to be removed separately)

It was a bit awkward with the wires but I was then able to fit the new part removed from the whole mechanism I had bought online and fit this on my car by reversing the process I had used to remove it.

Finally everything was re-assembled and with a lot of luck and a bit of skill and perseverance the door worked as it should at a cost of around £60 rather than the hundreds I assume Nissan would have wanted!

Good luck to anyone who reads this and wants to give it a try.

Cheers

Steve .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nissan dealers and Nissan with their prices are a reason to call it a day. They think in at least two zeros or three. And they reject all third party aftermarket or reworked. No, must be the original at 600 pounds or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts