Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2008 note Acenta and the "Air flow control dial" is broken. It broke during the winter, thankfully on the windscreen setting. Now it's summer i want to use the air-con, but i can't adjust the direction of the air flow. It just blows cold air onto the windscreen and a tiny amount into the car. Yesterday my poor kids were boiling during our long drive back from Wales

The dial still turns, but there is no definite "click" when you turn it. When it broke it sounded as if something fell down behind the dashboard.

Now i have to admit i don't know anything about cars and wouldn't have a clue how to fix it!

I got my car serviced at a Nissan garage a few weeks ago and they quoted me £400 to fix the dial
. I don't believe it could cost that much! There must be a cheaper way of doing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Helen.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
do you have climate or is it the bog standard aircon ?? it could just be a cable thats fallen off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,Thanks for replying,
It's just standard air con. The dial can be pulled off, but i can't get to the back of it. Not sure how to get to it from the dashboard!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
pop the stereo out you can get to the back of the dials, it only 4 screws 2 inside the cubby hole and 2 under the bottom of the surround behind a plastic trip that just pops out
the glove box is only another 5 screws you can then get access to the the diverting flap mechs on the side of the heater housing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts