Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find an idiot proof dash mount for an iphone.

Has anyone tried Brodit? http://www.mytrendyphone.co.uk/shop/brodit-proclip-nissan-34358p.html

Are they as easy to fit as it looks?

Do they damage the dash in any way?

Easy to remove?

<h1>
</h1>

Edited by: chrissyw28

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Midasi1 said:
Can't be doing your plastic dash any good forcing / wedging something in it to hold your mobile.
I was thinking similar, and am a complete novice at this.

I have tried windscreen holders in past cars, but didn't find them very good, kept falling off, and I tried one that attached to the air vent thing, but didn't like that I couldn't use the vent, and it snapped one of the plastic bits off when I removed it.

Does anyone know of any other kind I can try in my Note?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Like a lot of note owner stick it in the top cubby or in your pocket and use the Bluetooth

Don't use vent mount holders or you will break them in no time

What about a cup holder phone mount like these

eBayEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks flash.I do have bluetooth paired with the car and can accept/make calls, but can't seem to playiphone music through the speakers, so I was thinking if I get a holder, it will make it easier to charge/plug into aux, and easier to scroll through the music - I can't see a way if doing this through the steering wheel controls.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Google iPhone bluetooth music streaming its not straight forward with the iPhone but it's do able

·
Registered
360 Posts
There is a simple device that inserts into the cd slot, without interfering with the playing of any cd already inserted. Clearly you cannot remove or put a cd in the unit whilst the mount is in situ.

It gives you a platform to put a satnav or mobile on, which can be angled to give easy access or view.

Have one, costs about £10, does just what it says on the box - brill. Even with my sat nav there was virtually no vibration problems when driving.

Its called a "CD Slot Mount", comes in either pink, black or white

Site "www.cdslotmount.com"

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
tbh there not a good idea as they put pressure on the cd mech in the stereo also due to the way the slot loader works it may upset the pinch rollers

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry, tbh there is no pressure on any part of the mechanism and certainly with both my friend's Merc and my Note no harm to any of the pinch rollers as we can still load / unload & play cds.

The cd mount is one of those simple ideas engineered in such a way as to avoid those problems.

I understand the concerns, really, but having actually used one (as has my friend) can only recommend it.

Like all these ideas "you pays your money...." and speak as I find.

No offense to our esteemed moderator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Midasi1 said:
There is a simple device that inserts into the cd slot, without interfering with the playing of any cd already inserted. Clearly you cannot remove or put a cd in the unit whilst the mount is in situ.

It gives you a platform to put a satnav or mobile on, which can be angled to give easy access or view.

Have one, costs about £10, does just what it says on the box - brill. Even with my sat nav there was virtually no vibration problems when driving.

I'm considering one of these. Midasi1, how long have you used one for, and do they block the view or controls on the stereo in the Note?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Midasi1 said:

I bought one of these and it came today, but think it will have to go back.

It fits ok, but when in it's practically horizontal, so no good for my phone as I can't see the screen. It's not adjustable either.

This is the one I gothttp://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004VQQSYQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered the other one that goes further down to the left of the radio, it has arrived and looks good, but I'm still waiting for the clip/plate, as the seller has had to order it in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i use to use the brodit supports for my cars ( 3008, scenic, altea, passat sw ), good made, very useful and a real integration in the dash.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts