Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,

Can I please seek your expert opinions about which (brand) brake discs/pads to go for my Note 64 reg?
Original discs/pads managed to last for 47K (which i suppose is reasonable?), so its to be my first brake replacement.

Also, what's the best place to buy the parts? prices at autodoc are coming slightly cheaper compared to eurocarparts and carparts4less.

I have talked to a local garage who has agreed to do it for me, for about £50 labor cost, which again i assume is reasonable?

Thanks a lot in advance

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Eurocarparts....go to them. Free delivery in the UK, unless you're near an outlet. They are 50% off at the moment. USE CODE: PAYDAY50.

I use Brembo discs and pads. A bit more expensive....but I think they're worth every penny. Others will have their own preferences. You pay your money and take your choice. You get wht you pay for.....Is the cheapest the best.....who knows.

Discs and pads are easy to do. The hardest part is removing the disc retaining screw. If you have a basic tool kit, and you're able....try it. It's not rocket science.

£50 seems ok. The job takes about an hour or so. It took me an hour for one side, but 25 minutes for the other, when I did it the first time.

YouTube will have a video.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your feedback. I think i will go with Brembo discs and pads from Eurocarparts. Beside ordering 2 Brake discs and 1 brake pads set, Do i need to include anything else in my order? Any additional nut/bolts, sensors?

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Any bolts needed, come with the Brembo pads, for the pad carrier. Do not re-use the old ones. The threads come treated with 'loctite', already applied.

You need nothing else, if your garage is doing the job for you.:wink::smile:

By the way...what engine and gearbox do you have.?

//

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
"Euro Car Parts" do a pack with all the thin metal spring plates and screws for the Note as an extra item, I think they charged me about £7.00. Saves cleaning up the old bits.

·
Registered
695 Posts
You'll be advised to use a little copper grease on the backs of the brake pads. Also a little of the same in the pad locations.
You can buy a Haynes Brake manual for not much dosh, and that will show you the exact procedure and torque settings for the work. The Haynes brake manual covers EVERY car produced and is excellent with colour pictures.
I've got one.

·
Registered
695 Posts
By the way... If you are not 100% certain of your mechanical ability do not touch your brakes.
For £50 labour at the garage it's money well spent, and after all it is a life threatening area if you get it wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Brembo pads come complete with anti squeal shims. Use copper grease sparingly, do not paste it on. A smear is all you need.

I cringe when I've seen copper grease pasted on in abandon.

As Jymmer says, £50 is not a bad price, if you don't feel confident enough.:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all the inputs & advises.
I never meant to do it myself, as I am very inexperienced in this space.

2 Brembo discs and 1 Brembo pads set costed me £95 in total from Eurocarparts (I didn't order anything else)
Local garage said it only took him half an hour to replace the parts for me, so charged £40 labour, which means Brake discs and pads all sorted for £135. :)
I am very satisfied as most big garages had quoted in range of £250 for this work (parts+labour)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts