Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone out there can help. I’ve done front brake change both pads and discs. Unfortunately I had to drill out the two retaining t40 screws. After searching eBay etc. with no clear runner. I decided to give Nissan a shot. They had to order a pair in but these were t20. I got them home, and they don’t fit. They seem a little too wide as they only need 1 turn and I’m already getting resistance. Asked Nissan if there were any alternative sizes, to which they said no.
i’m slightly confused as the previous screws must have come from somewhere.
for reference my new discs are made by Eicher.

any help would be gratefully received

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
You could always try these, as the Note is the best part of a Renault..................

·
Super Moderator
2,057 Posts
When you screw them back in, use a little copper grease on the thread. Just tighten them in with your finger tips, plus half a turn with an allen key. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN. Essentially they are useless really, as they only hold the disc in place for assembly.

I have know others never bothering to replace them. But as a rule of thumb, I always do.

If you had purchased Brembo parts, they come with all the screws etc.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but why would Ford have them ?
if Nissan doesn’t 🤷🏼‍♂️
When i owned a note i replaced the front discs as you have done, The ONLY place i could find the screws was at my local Ford dealer funnily enough.
Only charged me £1.25 too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Boysie, ordered those screws…passenger side went in no issues whatsoeve, so put 2 in. Driver side however. Had to manipulate a little due to remnants of the old screws being in situ. But we managed to sort it with some gentle drilling to kind of file it out but only one in, which is secure….took it for a test drive round the block ABS light came on. Panic set in, thought I’d pinched the pipe, but no, the actual sensor came out the rear of the hub. Inserted it back in after giving it a bit of wipe with some wire wool due rust dust, I don’t know it just seems a little flimsy and too easy to take out. See how I get on🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
21 Posts
Retaining screws only hold on the brake disc when the wheel is off. It serves no purpose when the wheel is on. Though, people feel alarmed when the screws are missing.

You'll find them on any nissan and Renault from 2008 onwards man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts