Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Brake danger

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  silverhairs 
#1 ·
So im tootling down the motorway, when the brakes FAIL. Its not an issue with the brakepads, its simply this: the plastic clip which holds the pedal to the brake, has become loose and unclips itself.

i handbrake on the clutch, into the hard shoulder. Take a look and am able to clip it back by hand. Luckily for me, im bear the end of the motorway and join an A road. I run straight into a traffic jam and am able to trickle slowly home, periodically stopping and pushing the clip back on.

The local nissan dealership refuse to even look at it without being paid first, and the company refuse to even raise a complaint unless i cough up fifty pounds.

First question: Anyone know why this brake clip (a pretty nasty piece of poor design in my opinion) should work loose? And what is the correct way to fix it? Is it a replaceable part?

The car is old but legal so of course i assume it should be safe, brakes not being an optional extra, i would say.

#2 ·
Year, model and engine.....what do you have.?

Twitter and Facebook, social media etc, is good place to start, if you get no joy from Nissan, for what seems a cheap enough part to renew, or replace by a Nissan Dealership.

A safety issue, regardless of age of car, is bound to set wheels rollings in the bowels of Nissan Customer care, if they're poked with a sharp stick, as social media seems to be.

#5 ·
The car is old
And that will be the issue, unless you have had the car form brand new you have no way of knowing its history and if any bodges have been carried out following accidents etc.

I am presuming its a Mk1 car and since I have never heard of such an issue before I think its fair to assume that whilst of little help to you that this is a unique failure.

#6 ·
Well spotted "DID-S" the new member comes in the forum and starts asking a questions about their Note, but the problem is, the new member has not informed the forum of any details of their car? :crying:
I do keep on about this lack of information from new members, also about Haynes Workshop Manual @ £12.99 :smile_big:.

Year?
Model?
Engine? Petrol or diesel?
Gearbox? Auto or manual?

"Nissan noo noo" welcome to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.