Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm fitting brembo pads & discs to my 2011 1.5dci note, can you please advise me on which grease to use on the caliper slider pins, I have high temp ceramic grease for the pads is it ok to use it on the slider pins, I'm a retired heavy vehicle mechanic & in my day everything was copper greased but not now, that's modern technology

·
Super Moderator
1,934 Posts
Yes, as long as it's High Temp grease, but I have never used any sort of before. Just gave them a good wire brushing, as grease attracts dust and dirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, as long as it's High Temp grease, but I have never used any sort of before. Just gave them a good wire brushing, as grease attracts dust and dirt.
Thanks Boysie, yes I agree with you that grease attracts dust, but they reckon that dust & dirt doesn't stick to high temp ceramic grease, but thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Make sure it is rubber safe, as coppa-slip certainly affects the little bellows, makes them swell up and jams the slide pins.
New bellows are about £500 from Nissan, I expect.

I use a smear of silicon grease on the pins- if I have occasion to remove them.

Reactions: Boysie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure it is rubber safe, as coppa-slip certainly affects the little bellows, makes them swell up and jams the slide pins.
New bellows are about £500 from Nissan, I expect.

I use a smear of silicon grease on the pins- if I have occasion to remove them.
Thanks MNL, I know about the effects of oil on rubber & also the cost of parts from the main stealers, the ceramic grease doesn't effect the rubber, thanks for your comments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts