Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I'm sure if we draw on our combined car technical knowledge and experience we can improve on Nissan's ""design fault""� re the front suspension cups, re the way water collects and stays in them from the drained water from the windscreen.
My idea I am thinking of trying is to cut a piece of clear Perspex to size and to seal this to the top of the cup with some clear silicone sealant-Do you fellow boffins think this would work? Or do your have any alternative ideas?
Come on-your Nissan Note needs you
Spartacus 1961

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I Looked at mine and they were dry after 80mm of rain in one day, could it be that the drain holes on the lower drain plates are blocked on some peoples cars? My upper ones block on a weekly basis and the lowers about every two weeks, so i poke a nitting needle down them to clear, they are just too small for the job or were designed in a place where crap doesn't fall of trees etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amazing what ideas can be used for protecting the front suspension mounts, so either a tupperware round plastic container or perhaps the bottom end of a plastic coke bottle. Paint it black on the inside and it should look nice. Finish off with vaseline grease on the top nut and silicone seal it shut.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if you look in the big thread about this some one has use iirc soup container lids with a bit of silicone sealant
I was going to turn up some aluminium caps it just another project on the never ending list

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just found an old dog bowl in cupboard and it just happened to have an internal diameter of 4 inch so have cut the lip off and it fits perfect so will have to go to pet shop and buy another now for other side.the bowls are made of plastic and are a couple of pound each.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
99p or the pound shop have those type of things, the Indian type cook/cheap shops have them too

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you'll find this was covered under 'water collects in top plates' topic...I personally added my modification last October...maybe about page 5 if you go to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts