Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not asking how to replace the rear tail light bulbs as that is covered elsewhere on the forum BUT I have three questions:

Why would both bulbs would go together ?

AND

Is there a fuse just for the rear tail lights ?

AND

Where are the fuses for each lighting circuit ?

I looked at those in the engine compartment and those under the drop down flap (drivers side) but I couldn't read anything that mentioned lights !

By the way, the rear fog, number plate light, brakes lights and indicators are all working - so no fuses gone for them.

I will be taking the light assemblies out tomorrow to have a look at the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
In answer to the first part of the question...if one bulb fails, the excess current is diverted to the next lamp in the same circuit...this will then get a double dose of current, often resulting in a burnout. It often happens with indicators too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Bulbs should fail at the same time, if they are used for the same amount of time.The bulbs will have been manufactured at the same time, therefore thefilament and gas will be the same.
I always change them in pairs and don't go for the cheap type, which tend to have a poor gas in them.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
try fuses 45 and 46 (10Amp) in the IPDM near the nearside front headlamp assembly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I bought two heavy duty bulbs (thicker filaments) and sure enough when I took the lens covers off they had both blown - just as you said !

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If the tail lights go out as well as you side lights thats defo the fuse then the left and right are on there own fuses too, hi and low beams are both on there own fuses for each side oh the joys of the ipdm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts