Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm having the what seems common problem where the boot on my 11 plate Note isn't opening. I've followed the proceedure as outlined on other threads on here and accessed the manual open switch/lever but it still won't open! Would anyone have any idea why this is please?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The manual release turns the same cog that the motor does, this releases the latch so a spring can flip it open. Get someone outside to rattle the boot lid up and down whilst you work the release- there could be something jammed in the latch, or under the lid that is putting strain on the lock so the latch won't move.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual release turns the same cog that the motor does, this releases the latch so a spring can flip it open. Get someone outside to rattle the boot lid up and down whilst you work the release- there could be something jammed in the latch, or under the lid that is putting strain on the lock so the latch won't move.
That's good advice - thank you. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no joy. I even edges the manual release open and kicked the boot lid from inside - still not budging!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts