Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm not a Note owner - yet!
I am currently driving a Renault Clio Sport Tourer 1.5 diesel and am due to trade in at the end of my deal some time before November. Renault haven't been able to offer me a decent deal yet and so I'm looking around at some other options.

I took a Note, N-Tec out for a test drive at the weekend. I really liked the gadgets etc, and it felt nice to drive. My only concern is the boot space. My current has a great boot, and with one seat down, I can squeeze my daughters bike in the back.

I can't see me being able to do that with the Note though.....what do you think? How much can you cram into the boot?

Or, has anyone ever used a bike rack - is that worth considering?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, the rear seats do fold down but not completely flat also the whole rear seat assembly moves forwards on a rack system as well as the floorboards being removeable. I have had two bicycles in the back with front wheels out but a rear mounted rack will work fine.

regards

dave s

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the back seats slide forward what gives you the extra room the back seats folds down no problem
had allsorts in the back of mine from a 300l fish tank, adult trike to 8 ft lenghts of timber

with the flexy boards in the boot and the back seats down theres a fairly level load aera and you dont need to hump stuff in and out other the boot lip/edge

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Just back from Wales. My wife packs for Himalayan expeditions with two huge suitcases and holdalls etc.

The Note swallowed them with ease with the seat 'one notch forward' and the luggage cover still in place.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@ians1386

I am a biker too, both mountain bike & road bike, i have not tried putting the bikes into the Note
yet, how do you put your bikes in, laying down, or standing up.?

I have seen a mounting bracket where you take off the front wheel, and clamp the fork using the
quick spanner.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
faxe said:
This is the mounting bracket i wrote about in previous post:

http://www.bikeinside.de/en/
That looks really good until you see the price

I like the wheel it in backwards plan, no doubt there is an expensive solution to securing the back half of the bike too.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi thereAs i have mentioned in previous topics, I have managed to get in four teenagers their bags and equipment for a weekend in london at the Excel centre , for anime shows, plus I have had bikes and people tandems and people in, plus the best by far was two archery targets and wooden legged stands plus at all the archery equipment and a person too. plus the supplier told me it wouldnt fit in, as it wouldnt go in his Discovery!!, Or maybe the 6'x3' bunk bed , half taken down but still 6'x3' in the car and a person too.
For me its even better than the Nissan Primera p11/144 that i had before.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Am I right in thinking, that the floor pan of a Clio is the same as a Note. Not having owned or seen inside a Clio, I wouldn't know.If so, the load area should be similar.

I'm over the moon with my Note's load space, but there are no kids or bikes to worry about.

But does a flip over bench saw count.......coz that fits with ease.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The Note, Clio and Modus all share the same floorpan.

I parked up my Note next to our church organist's Clio and there is, visibly, far more room in the back. The Note's sliding rear seat is also very useful if, like my wife, you need the world's biggest suitcase for a couple of nights away

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Nigel B said:

I parked up my Note next to our church organist's Clio and there is, visibly, far more room in the back. The Note's sliding rear seat is also very useful if, like my wife, you need the world's biggest suitcase for a couple of nights away

Oh, my wifes luggage is no problem for me..........I had a tow bar fitted for a small trailer.

But she does object to being strapped down on the trailer, but what else can I do.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I can tell you the movable boot boards will NOT collapse as they used to do in my Kia Venga..... and the Venga diesel also blew up before 9000 miles.....thanks to the DPF....you need to do plenty of miles now with diesels with DPF fitted.....never had problems with dieselsfor years before....but now!!!! I'm back to petrol and a 'Note'.....very happy!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
rebus said:
I can tell you the movable boot boards will NOT collapse as they used to do in my Kia Venga..... and the Venga diesel also blew up before 9000 miles.....thanks to the DPF....you need to do plenty of miles now with diesels with DPF fitted.....never had problems with dieselsfor years before....but now!!!! I'm back to petrol and a 'Note'.....very happy!!!!

I've had a Peugeot 307 diesel for the past 31/2 years, and every time i take it for its mot (although it always passes) the mechanic tells me off for owning it, because i just don't do enough 'big' journeys to warrant a diesel :-s

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nigel B said:
Not quite. The basic platform has three sizes - the smallest is the Micra, the mid-size is the Clio and Modus, and the stretched platform is the Note/Juke. So whatever fits in a Clio should most definitely fit in a Note. The Note should have a bit more room with the seats down and depending on how you position the seats either the same or tremendously more boot space with them up. Personally I run with the seats about 2/3ds of the way forwards and it leaves tons of leg room in back with quite a lot of boot space. I have run with them all the way forward and our 5'10" teen had no issues with the back seat.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Sorry to be a pedant.

The OLD Micra had a short version of the X85 platform the new Micra has its own 'V' platform which will be the basis for the New Note and replacement Clio. As you quite right sy Nissan didn't have a European model on the 'mid-size' version of the shared platform.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
clio, modus are based on the b platform the note is based on the extended nissan B0 platform the wheel base is around 100mm longer iirc
hopefully the new note will be better handling than the current note as it rolls a tad to much for my likeing

edit, parts of europe and ireland got the versa (b platform)what was the mid size car your talking about and a bit further east had the tiida/lavina/grand lavina

Edited by: flash22

1 - 20 of 21 Posts