Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i followed advice on how to open & repair my boot lock on my 2007 1.5hdi & climbed into my boot removed the boot door trim wiggle ed free the plastic boot lock cover & flicked open the manual boot lock switch & my boot wont open, i flicked the switch over & over again but my boot stayed firmly locked, im now hoping there is still a way i can open it so i can look for broken wiring to repair boot lock & also check & repair rear wiper as this has also stopped working recently. Can anyobe advise me l on what to do now?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Does the lock make the whirring noise when you push the button on the outside? Could you feel that you were moving the gears against a spring with the lever/

All the motor and gears actually do (whether they are powered by the motor or by that lever on the back of the lock) is release the catch stopping the locking cam rotating, there is a spring that rotates the cam so the lock releases.

If the button makes it operate but not release, you need stand outside, hold the button in and try pushing the door tighter and pulling it open repeatedly.
If not, you will have to go inside, hold the lever fully over and kick it open.

Most likely there is something caught in the lock stopping the cam moving. Or the spring is broken- rattling the door against the rubbers whilst holding the button in should do the trick.

If not, then you will have to either

a) do what I do, leave the back seat down and access from the rear door- it is a Renault after all, electrical problems are normal :)
b) pay someone to "fix" it o_O
c) use a hacksaw blade to cut the loop from the inside, but a new one is probably £1000 and will take 6 months to arrive because of "Brexit", so you will have to weld it back together again as a bodge ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does maje the werring siund wen i push over the manual switch i can here it trying to open but doesn't open so now im going back into the boot to wedge the manual switch fully open & try opening from outside & inside by firce if it comes to it. Ok will let you know how i get on & thanks for all your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts