Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read through all the Boot Lock posts and this is not really covered. On my 07 Note, the Boot won't open, no reaction from the switch. I've gone in and opened it manually no problem. When it is open the switch is working fine. Even when I push the lock closed with screwdriver, it fires open again when I press the switch. But as soon as I close it again, I'm back to the switch not working again. During the process of fiddling around I've managed to get a few successful openings but it just stops working again then.
Any advice??

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Check the wires that go through the rubber tube at the top right of the tailgate.
They are not flexible enough and snap inside the tube. Most likely one or more are damaged and connect when the door is open, but not when it is closed.
Just for laughs, they are all the same colour, so if more than one breaks you are In Trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much.
Great advice. I found 2 previously soldered wires in there that were loose. Luckily they were different thickness so I could pair them up. Boot working perfectly. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts