Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just agreed to purchase a 2010 Note today. Love the sliding rear seats to open up room in the back. Thinking of housing my dog in there on short trips. I want to get a hatchbag http://hatchbag.co.uk/ or similar to protect the boot. Does anyone have one of these. If so, how do they cope with sliding seats?

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Never used one, but looking at it, there don't seem to be any 'built in' adjustment for the sliding seat. Nor access to the latch mechanism in the boot space.

Have you thought about a collapsable dog cage. That's what I use.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Depends on the size and destructiveness of your dog I suppose, I just have the floor panels rubber side up. and cover the floor with one of those heavy duty waterproof hatchback boot protectors from Aldi and a couple of doggy blankets.

In The Other Car she won't stay in the boot, and tries to get in the front, so she has a doggy harness that fits a rear seatbelt, and sits on the back seat. She sits in the back of the Note too most times tbh, as she is less stressed there.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
The cage I have, has already got a plastic tray floor liner to it. The beauty of them is, they fold down flat, and only take a minute to erect again. Easily stored away, or even used in the house. Saves a heap of faffing about with Hatchbag type thing, and no hair on the back seats.
My dog was introduced to a cage from a puppy, and was never a problem for him. But a dog that's never seen one, may take more coaxing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A dilemma I've shared too! Have you considered a DOGBAG? These are made in three sizes. The small bag definately fits in the Note boot area, and I think the medium size would also fit without drama. Thelarge version definately won't fit. We have 2x small, 2x medium, and 1x large Dog Bags which we use for various dog containment situations and they are brilliant products.
See here : http://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/

I guess these may be what you meant by Hatchbag..... and yes they can be tricky topack away into their outer storage bags(the large bag is a major challenge..). But they can be folded flat in a matter of seconds and stay that way with a coat or something placed on top of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies! I'm looking into them today.
My Dog ( a slender labrador) might be a touch too big for most things however.
I picked up the car yesterday so ill test it out.
It'll only be for quick trips up to 10mins or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts