Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Sorry, another annoying question. Boot light doesn't work. Bulb changed but multimeter shows no power to the light unit.

I need to start at the switch, but I'm obviously a little thick as I can't see it. Where it is please?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I believe that the switch is part of the lock. I don't have a wiring diagram, but I'd expect that the switch is on the earth side, the lack of live could be a fuse gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll get the book out. Do you think it's on a separate fuse?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch that. It's fuse 12 in the passenger compartment fuse box. All the other stuff and illumination off that fuse (Interior Lamp, Multi-remote Control System, Illumination, Vanity Mirror and Trunk Room Lamps, Rain Sensor, Warning Chime ) is good.

Grrrr

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The switch on mine is in the boot lock. If I operate the latch with a screwdriver, eventually the light goes out (not straight away, so it must be controlled by the dreaded IPDM )

Opening the boot puts on the interior lights above the mirror as well as the boot light, I don't know if opening the drivers door puts on the boot light as well as the interior light, as it is like the light in the fridge- always on when the boot is open. :)

Try opening the drivers door, and see if the boot light comes on with the interior light, I wonder if the teeny tiny thin wire leading to the switch in the latch has snapped. (Also the interior lights should come on if the boot is opened if the switch & wire are working)

On mine, if I leave a door or the boot open all day thelights go off after a while- the dreaded IPDM cuts the live after a certain time, so if you left it too long to do your checking- when the interior light has gone off again, there is no live to measure.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I had a mess with it today, especially for you. ;)

If I open the boot, leave it open and fiddle the latch closed with a screwdriver, after a while the boot and interior lights go out.

Then if I open the drivers door, the boot and interior lights come on together.

The boot and interior lights are in parallel, with that switch in the interior light for off/on/auto.

If your boot light doesn't come on immediately when you open the drivers door, but the interior light does, then the bulb is gone, or a broke wire to the bulb from the front of the car , ( or the earth side- but you think there is no live to it)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, got in there, and the wire had broken just short of the lamp holder. Quick bit of soldering, good as new and all working. Thanks

Was really concerned it was the switch. Fortunately not!

Thanks for everyone's help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts