Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am new to the forum and would appreciate some advice.

I have just bought 2007 Note diesel model. The first diesel car I have ever owned.

The Garage said they havehave serviced it, change oil and filters etc.

I have travelled approx 200 kilomtres and just checked the engine oil, it is black.

Is this normal for such a short distanceon a diesel car.

froggy

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nope, if its just been serviced then the oil will be golden colour! Methinks the garage is telling porky pies! I`d bring it back and complain!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you can get under the car see if the oil plug is dirty / dusty. If they have changed the oil the plug MAY be nice and clean. How many miles has the car done?

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I thought.
Back to the garage tomorrow.

I rather hoped a main dealer would treat its customers better or amI being naive

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
diesels do turn the oil black but not that quick maybe 2-4000 kms

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, At 109k there could be enough deposits in the sump and around, especially if service intervals have been stretched, to turn fresh oil black in that time. As Richnote says check the sump plug and filter to see if they appear brand new and not just wiped clean.There used to be an oil company that sold brand new oil that had been made to look black years ago, just can't remember the name, I think they mostly sold it to the motorcycle trade.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ohhhh tut tut thats wha the garage did to me when i got my old 08 Plate Black Note they sold it as having a service and when i checked it the air filter was dirty and there was 25% oil in the engine. they had Stamped the book off as being serviced. So i Ended up paying £750 for a Full Service and 4 New Tyers. The garage paid for the service only cause i thretened then with trading standards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Froggy, my DCI turns the new oil black after about 50Km and I have about 50K on the clock so I don't think it's a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts