Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this topic?

can anyone recommend a bike carrier for a ntec note?

and what happens to the rear wiper if I fit a back door carrier?

regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I'm not sure I can recommend one but I bought a Halfords universal high-level rear strap on bike carrier and it's ok but not brilliant, cost around £70. It partially obscures the brake lights and it's a bit of a mess on to get it on and off again. There's no way I know of, short of removing fuses to guarantee that the rear wiper won't operate unexpectedly but providing you don't switch it on accidentally or reverse while you have your intermittant wipers on then you should be ok. I have done a couple of long journeys with mine on and so far have not had any problems. I'm considering looking into roofbars for mine to put the bikes on the roof instead.

Hope that informs if not necessarily helps!
Ste

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go to a Good quality Cycle dealer(not just Halfords) i bought a Hollywood(us manufactured)it fitted ok on my Acentre although the lights are where they are they can still be seen from behind whent to my Local Police Station and asked for someone from traffic to give me advice they came down and i explained the situation to them asking would i be causing a moving traffic offence they told me they would have no problems but suggested i get another number plate and fix it to the bike/s with straps so the number plate is visible has the one on the tailgate is partly obscured, so bike carrier no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts