1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used the redex stuff, and it gave me a few more miles in the tank, but thats all i noticed. I give it a regular treatment every 3/5000 miles just to make sure, but as i said, i only noticed a few more MPG, but im not exactly light footed, so i suppose it might give your more than it does for me ^^

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aidsy1. Yeh I use the Redex now and again but have not really noticed any difference in anything. I only buy Redex when its on offer but just spotted this BG44K stuff which appears to be "hard core" cleaner instead of "old school" like the Redex.I'm aware the Redex had been around for many years, not because I'm old but my dad in law told me you could get a shot of Redex from the garage when you fuelled up many years ago.

·
Registered
95 Posts
well many other people probs have more experience than me, im not exactly one of the oldest on this forum (probs, only 21.) but i havent managed to find the BG44K, will look for it, and try it maybe. I thought it was the same ^^

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its totally new to me mate, only found it this evening. Wish I was 21 again, I've been doing my current job for 23 years!!!Have a look on the site for BG44K and have a read, its dead cheap on Ebay, I'm thinking of giving it a try at some time.
Have a look at the ebay link above.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
BOBBYBINGO said:
I'm aware the Redex had been around for many years, not because I'm old but my dad in law told me you could get a shot of Redex from the garage when you fuelled up many years ago.

Yep, I'm (not that) old but the local service station used to offer a 'shot of Redex' every time they filled your tank for you.

Ah, the good old days when someone filled your tank (confused the hell out them when my dad had a Ford Corsair with the filler cap behind the rear number plate), checked your oil andtyre pressuresand washed your windscreen every time you pulled in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I checked out various web sites in the USA and was quite impressed with what they had to say, so I decided to give it a go. I used half a can to a tank of fuel just to see if it works as they claim! After running around for few days I noticed that the idling and pick up was much smoother.MPG around town has improved by about 4mpg. I'll will be keeping my on it just to how long it lasts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers planet, keep me updated, am thinking of trying some. The increase in mpg is impressive, I take it this was in a Nissan Note. I've read quite a few web sites and most give it good reviews. Like I say it looks like its a modern hard core fuel system cleaner which clearly does the business cleaning the injectors and stuff. I guess anything that gets good reviews like this appears to must be doing some good.Seen some on ebay and Amazon at quite decent prices so will take the plunge soon.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi BOBBYBINGO ,yes I have used it on my Note, I have a 2009 1.4 and also by coincidence I bought my BG44K from powerenhancer though they seemed to have put up the price recently,a 10% discount is available at the checkout but I may look elsewhere to see if I can get a better deal.I will carry on using it as 'it does what it says on the tin' unlike the Wurth fuel additive they used when I had my last Dealership service.( out of warranty now
)will do al my own servicing now.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'm so impressed that I'm getting a can for the Suzuki, to see if it sorts out the rough idle.

Fingers crossed

(I'm a bit worried that anything aggressive enough to shift 140,000 miles worth of baked on carbon will damage some fragile part of the fuel system.
)

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mnl Hi mate take it you used BG44K on your Note, could you detail the problems you were having and what the results were after its use etc....

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I meant I'm impressed by all the "unbiased" testimonies.

The Suzuki has about 120,000 miles and the occasional miss at tickover.
I wonder where all the crud will go if the magic liquid works..... (Can only really go into the catalyst and block it up I suppose
)

It's only about £15 though, what have I got to lose (except the catalyst)

There is nothing wrong with the Note except the 102" wheelbase
, the engine runs well enough, as long as I keep the windows up and the radio on loud to hide the belt noise for the first 10 minutes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry that was me being a bit slow!Yeh I get the belt screech in the morning usually when its damp. Yep the bg44k stuff does get some very good write ups.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
If I can find it in Ireland, I'll be getting some.
(Same old postage problem).

I wonder if I put a bit on my Weetabix, will it clear my pipes.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going to get some of the BG44K and my dad in law is getting the diesel version for his Nissan XTrail t spec as its getting on a bit now with over 100,000 miles on the clock. Will report as and when its in the tank and have done a few miles. Read lots more reviews on this stuff and it actually sounds better than chocolate, better than Mickey Mouse, better than magic sponges and just about everything. Might wrap a tin up for my wife for Christmas as by the looks of the tin I think its 325ml it might pass as an expensive perfume in wrapping paper, will be great to see the look on her face. (Wonder if it smells nice.....)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my BG44K ordered, well two cans actually from ebay £20 (£10 each) + £5 delivery so works out at £12.50 a tin, I was the only bidder & won so got at an ok price etc.... One is for my dads Vauxhall Corsa easytronic on a 53 plate, its a 1.2 semi auto with no torque converter (scary to drive, underpowered and massive delay in gear change), it never goes over 40 mph and he's owned for about 7 years with not many miles covered a year, I'm thinking the magic juice should do his car some good.
The other can is for our auto Note. Will report when I have some results good or bad etc..
My dad in law took delivery of the diesel version yesterday BG244 for his XTrail and I will report on the results from his use of this when I have them. He got his from Amazon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Recently put a can of this bg44k into my wife's Matiz, only done about 80 miles or so and you canreallyfeel thedifferencealready, its eliminated the flat spot and slighthesitationthat the little 800cc engine had, so as far asI'mconcerned its doing its job well.
I got a tin to go into the Note this weekend so hope to see good results there as well

Izzy

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
If any of the 'problems' this stuff sorts out, and remains sorted after a third tankful of fuel, I'll be convinced, almost.

Getting results from the initial application, is mute........unless the car/engine carries giving the same results a few hundred miles or more down the road.

Sorry for being such a sceptic, and I really do hope it works as well as it says on the tin.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got my fingers crossed it does work, all of the testimonials seem to be excellent so worth a bash for £12.50. Come on Boysie give it a try.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts