Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my wife's 2006 SE Note we've got the standard 6 CD changer unit. However, recently the CD changer refuses to play CDs or eject anything. Seems like the mechanism has got stuck. Looking at other topics here it sounds like we will need to replace it.

Has anyone successfully upgraded / updated theirs? Any good suggestions? Not after much but the ability to link a phone would be useful. I've also seen mentions of a need for an additional adapter to keep the steering wheel control.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the 6 disc has a non standard surround so you will need to replace the surround for a later one (with stereo mounting brackets)
theres 3/4 different plug types what the stereos use, 2 of them are plug and play the other 2 will need an adapter made up, you may also need an aerial adapter too

you can then fit any double or single din you like, stick to the brands like kenwood alpine or pioneer (sony incar stuff is utter rubbish imho)

steer clear of no name chinese tat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - sounds like it could get more complex than I'd hoped. Is there anywhere these surrounds and extra bits and pieces can be found? I'd looked at the following from Halfords and was thinking of getting them to fit:

Alpine CDE-W233R

Following the guidance in this thread: How to remove Note stereo

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Try phoning around breakers, you need either the single DIN version, from the base spec car, or a double DIN from 2008 onwards.

Yours has a hole that is not wide enough, and too deep.
Likely you will also need the mounting brackets from the later car, as pre-2007 don't use standard hole spacings.

Take a look at the first half of this video for more information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9zJevGfkxM

However, you do have the advantage of having standard DIN connections now (Which becomes a disadvantage if you go for a connect)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts