Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title
My 1.6 auto has decide to trigger a warning beeper when curving right
No idiot lights come on, it just beep beep, beep beep, beep beeps all the while it is banking
Doesnt do it when stationary

Any ideas apart from stuff blu-tak in the beeper?
I suppose there could be a lake of water inside the dash that shorts something out when it sloshes one way

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Have a look at the seatbelt light when it does it, it's more likely something is triggering the "no seatbelt latched" for the passenger seat especially if you put something on the seat, a laptop is all the weight needed to trigger it.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
what beep is it lol if it sounds like an alarm clock its the hand brake, pull the handbrake up a few clicks and drive away the alarm will go off

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh!!
I had my bag on the seat this morning, i bet you are right
The seatbelt light is low down where i wasnt looking
Thanks both

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
was it a bag of bricks on the seat, it takes a lot to make that light come

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It doesn't take much, I did it on mine with three text books, the extra amount of G with cornering was enough to set it off

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spot on mdvineg!

Drove home with bag on floor, and no beeping. (just a couple of books, a portable hard drive, my keys a banana for lunch and a bottle of water: don't drink what comes out of the taps at work)
Sometimes if I press on the passenger seat I can trigger the beeping, and the little lamp under the dash lights up.

Saves further investigation anyway.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
No Probs, first time mine did it I first thought it was the power steering complaining but on further thought I moved the books at next TL and bings went away.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First I thought the handbrake had popped up, then I thought the steering was failing, but with no idiot lights on and all the rain lately I began to suspect water has got in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
flash22 said:
was it a bag of bricks on the seat, it takes a lot to make that light come
no flash, just a normal womans handbag, about 20 pounds of unimportant stuff they cant live without
....... need we say more lol
sorry just had to throw that in, no offence meant

·
Registered
311 Posts
Maybe so but then you look like a right Pr"t going along with your passenger belt done and no one there!!!alright for people with trunks to carry around but for us mere mortals we'd be the laughing stock!! though i have used the seat belt to hold in a variety of things from pipes to wood to beds and more, even the odd plant too on occassions

·
Registered
103 Posts
You need to buy a "Nissan Buddy" ...... can get them online, they are blow up dolls, male or female, and quite lifelike. Specifically made for Nissan................
just strap it into the front passenger seat and you too can have a beep-free ride

1 - 16 of 16 Posts