Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiI am the proud owner of a 2011 note 1.5 dci Tekna and was given the impression that I would not require dipped beam deflectors whilst on mainland Europe. Is this correct??

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As long as you drive on the left as you do here you won't need them

Seriously, quite a few cars now just drop the beam down, without any appreciable move to the left*, maybe the note is one of them, certainly there are no marks on the front lens to fit a deflector. Naturally, there is nothing in the owners manual about continental driving.

Deflectors and fitting instructions are widely available though. I think the best course of action is to pull up facing your garage wall, and put the lights on main beam, then dip them and see if the light pattern moves down and to the left. If it is fit deflectors to remove the splash to the left.

The requirement for France is that the beam does not shine to the left, rather than that deflectors must be fitted. I would make sure yourself rather than pay a fine to a French policeman.

*probably explains why it is so hard to see pedestrians nowadays, the light doesn't shine towards the kerb any more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

as the deflectors are available for about a fiver on E-bay, its probably easier for peace of mind just to buy and fit them, rather than argue the toss with the Gendarmes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts