Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to fit beam deflectors on an 11 plate Nissan Note.The headlamps don't have the markings on the lens. Garage want us to book the car in and will to charge £30 to stick on the bits of plastic we have bought.This is insane and it's also illegal for us to drive with beams in the wrong direction as we are travelling to Dover overnight we will need the beams to be in the right direction for UK and then do what we have done in the past which is put deflectors on at Dover. Any advice please.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There are no markings on my lenses yet I fitted my deflectors as in the instructions with no problems. As for a garage charging £30 to fit them that is a total rip-off.

As for fitting not them until Dover - when we came back from France last year I was driving for a couple of months with them on (knowing we were going back over the France later in the year) and hardly noticed the difference.

Rather than "deflect" the beam, all the stick-on bits of plastic do is mask off the raised part of the beam that (in the UK) illuminates the left verge, so that it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic when driving on the right.

I don't believe that there is any requirement in the UK to have the headlight beam pattern raised on the left, so driving in the UK with the deflectors on should not be "illegal".

Edited by: GeorgeP56

1 - 3 of 3 Posts