Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, advice please.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Now we have entered another mini ice age I want to be forearmed about a replacement car battery.
I drive a manual 1.6 2007 reg Note SE
1) What is the rating/voltage/capacity etc I need to be searching for?
2) Do you have any manufacturer's recommendations?
3) Where is the best/cheapest place to buy from?
One again thank you all in advance for any replies,
Regards Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
shop around !!! this time of year the batterys go up in price thay than reduce them in the spring, there not silly
i like the varta batterys what come with 3 or 5 year warrentys

the battery is an 063 whats a common battery, if you want somethinga bit more heavy dutyyou could go for the 075 (note diesel) whats got a higher amp cranking rate

http://www.eurocarparts.com/car-battery

Edited by: flash22

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Europarts.com have a Bosch 075 battery......£82.74, with possible free delivery. Halfords have the same battery at £99.99, no delivery.

5 years, guarantee.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys, thanks for the help so far, a few more questions:-<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
1) I have heard that it's a good idea to get the alternator checked to see that it's ok before automatically thinking any problems are battery related.
2) How is this done? Would a kwikfit style outlet do a free check?
3) Or could I do a check with a voltmeter/multimeter or similar tool?
4) If so what readings should I get, and where would I place the probes to take the readings?
Thanks again for any replies.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Voltmeter check should read just over 13.5 to 14.2 volts, with the engine running.

1) Connect the voltmeter directly across the "Battery Terminals". (NOT to the Cable Clamps)

2) While watching the meter, Start the Car.

3) The Battery Voltage should Never fall below about 10 Volts.</pre>
</pre>**NOW Repeat This Test BUT:

1) Connect the voltmeter directly across the "Battery Clamps on the Battery Cables".

2) This Reading should be Within 0.1 Volt Maximum, the Same as 3 Above.
***If NOT, Clean Battery Terminals and Clamps.</pre></pre>

Edited by: Boysie

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as above the voltage of the battery should be no lower than 11.0 -11.5 volts with the engine off if its any lower and we have a major cold snap it will kill it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

What brand is the original fitted battery? Trying to work out if my battery in my 57 plate is the original which might need replacing.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Drpepper99uk said:
Hi,

What brand is the original fitted battery? Trying to work out if my battery in my 57 plate is the original which might need replacing.

Whoever can supply the cheapest and best at the time, would be my answer.

I wouldn't worry about what's original, just get the best you can afford. There's plenty about.

There's another thread about batteries somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts