Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There I am, driving to work on a warm spring morning, turned on the air-con for a pleasant atmosphere, and after a few minutes, pffft! and I can see a wisp of gas coming from the bonnet (I'm doing 90 kph all this time). No air conditioning for me today.Took it to official garage, (it's still under guarantee), they showed me a small coin embedded behind the grill, just below the evaporator. Apparently the coin had been thrown up from the wheels of a vehicle in front of me, passed through the front grill - that was a neat piece of gymnastics - struck one of the pipes in the evaporator, cracking it, and rebounded to embed itself behind the bumper.

I asked the garage to deduct the value of the coin from the bill.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I was hacking it up the Hayes bypass (A312) one afternoon when the front nearside tyre deflated suddenly, along with a strange 'slapping' sound. Upon removing it at the roadside, I found the reason...a bunch of keys on an RAC keyring!
One of the keys had somehow managed to enter the tread and then bend through 90° leaving the entire bunch hooked on. The guy at Kwik-Fit said he had never seen anything like it in all his tyre fitting career...mind you, he was only about 17 so that's not surprising.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts