Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Have you tried a local independent garage, if they could just at least get the boot lid to open, you can look into doing the rewire yourself ? If not get the local garage to do it for you :wink:.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi "Stuckbootdan"
This post is now on page 11. All the questions have been asked before, and the cure. Just start at page 1. It will give you all the correct answers to your problem :wink:.

You'll soon be "Openbootdan" :smile_big:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 09 Note I got the boot wont open problem removed the panel as instructed popped the lock cover off pushed the triangular catch to the right no joy the lock did not release as advertised I got my wife to attempt to raise the boot lid whilst pushing the catch to the right no joy there is no resistance to pushing the catch it makes a clunk noise when pushed and seems to return under a light spring. Is it possible to unfasten the latch attached to the body from within the boot when I could open the hatch to check the wiring which normally seems to be the problem. My suspicion is a lock failure I have had times where the boot operated 6 or more times once it failed to open I happened to be stood at the back and heard a little click tried the
boot magic it opened but never again. Any ideas please
I have exactly the same problem, did you find a resolution? YES I have read previous threads but could not find an answer to this. Uncertain why there are 5 wires going to the lock release?

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I realise there are 11 pages to read through, but not all 5 wires go to the lock release.
Do you think the rear wiper works by magic, what else electrical is wired apart from the lock release in the boot lid.
As I don't have my Note now, I cannot remember if the rear number plate is on the boot lid or underneath. but again the number plate bulb requires some sort of power. the top brake light requires power
If your really unlucky, all 5 wires are white, but the answers all lie in the previous 10 pages.
If you could not find an answer, take the car to a professional auto electrician and get them to fix it.

PS: "Chunkdad" welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Go to page 2, it shows you a picture where only 2 wires go to the lock, not all 5, also there is the rear demister, I forgot that one, again it shows that on page 2

Really I think you should find an auto electrician :wink:.

It took me less than two minutes to find how to remove the interior panel and pictures of the wiring and where they go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks to all the posters here, I had the same problem- 2 wires completely snapped and 2 well on the way. I was able to fix it in about an hour with bullet connectors which hopefully should last the life of the car now. Total cost 80p for the connectors so saved me a fortune

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dont undo these three bolts. To open boot you have to work from inside with seats down and parcel shelf removed.
Take off the black panel. Use a large flat screw driver to help pop off each white push fitting.
Then you need to reach inside back off hatch where you will see back of latch with a white plastic cover.
Its difficult but you need to get off cover leaving another white casing.
Feel behind casing and you will find a knobjust projecting out. This can be pushed on an arc and latch shouldpop open
When you have hatch open look to the top right corner and you will see a flexi rubber tube. Gently pull from both hatch and main body The rubber has a tag taped into the loom that you can pull out or cut.
Then fold back the rubber and if like my problem you will find broken wires. I had two broken white wires. By compare breaks joined the right ones by cutting both sides back and soldering in short sections of wires. Tested before soldering and latch worked.
Problem now is rear wiper not working. Wife cant remember if working after latch stop working so something I've done but cant see any broken wires. Also seem to have 12v at plug that goes into wiper motor. Gave up today will look again tomorrow
My boot still won't open after flicking the clip like video said

101 - 110 of 110 Posts