Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, not being rude, but when I first suggested a Note to the wife as she needed new wheels she suggested it was a "granny" car. She changed her mind when she actually saw one in the flesh and then it was the only car she wanted.

Just wondering what ages you have on here. You can lie if you want, I guess, but I'm interested

I'll start: 29

Edited by: freddieflintoff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aye up
I know what you mean, the general age, by my view is, it's an elderly persons motor, by the amount of cars I see, but why should they have all the fun

I'm 44, going on 14

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello there, I'm coming up 60, and spent all my working life driving car transporters delivering new car's , BMW's , merc'sford's vauxhall's the lot and when i spent my own money buying a car i bought a Note, it suit's me fine, and i'm still very pleased with it.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a pratical car she could alway have a euro box that all look the same as everyone else
average age 45-55 but we have members from 25 upto 93/4

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flash22 said:
its a pratical car she could alway have a euro box that all look the same as everyone else
average age 45-55 but we have members from 25 upto 93/4
Don't get me wrong, she loves it now! Or at least she did when she went out in it the first time so hopefully she's still keen on it. Practical is what we need so as long as it stays running like I'd hope from a Nissan, we'll be happy.

1st Japanese car (albeit built by Maccums) so hope it does as well as I'd hope after the little Citroen.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
59 when I bought mine, having had a 1995 Nissan Sunny beforehand, and that was sooooo reliable.

I saw the Note, liked it and bought it. Looked at Citroen C4........Berlingo, Mitso Colt, Ford Fiesta......but went for the Note. Better spec(not that I wanted all that tech stuff), and never looked back.

My only gripe is that spare wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
freddieflintoff said:
Boysie said:
My only gripe is that spare wheel.
At least it has one and not a puncture "repair" kit.

Yeah, you're dead right......that would have gone straight in the skip, or on Fleabay.

I bought a proper wheel and tyre.

I've seen the mess they make, when it comes to replace the tyre, and the extra cost.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Note is the sort of car you buy when "practical" is your first concern. That doesn't happen until you have 3 kids growing up.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm 5 (in elephant years)
We also had the 'granny car' and 'shopping trolley' comments from friends until they actually saw it parked in the drive. And when they sat in it there were a few green faces too! The person who made the most disparaging remarks had just ordered a new Golf and was really trying to rub our trunks in it...but when the fabled VW arrived it had NOTHING but a radio/cd in the way of equipment. WHO'S TRUMPETING NOW!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((oo) AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm 37, before the Note, I've had any number of different motors over the years. The Note really appealed to me for 1) It's practicality 2) It's fuel economy 3) Nissans bulletproof reliability.It possibly does have an 'older' image, but I personally think the styling is the best of all of its competitors. And in the right colours, looks very trendy. There's a few styling tweaks available too, for those who like to tinker. (Personally I can't leave anything standard!)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm 47

·
Registered
46 Posts
MikeMerry said:
I'm 37, before the Note, I've had any number of different motors over the years. The Note really appealed to me for 1) It's practicality 2) It's fuel economy 3) Nissans bulletproof reliability.It possibly does have an 'older' image, but I personally think the styling is the best of all of its competitors. And in the right colours, looks very trendy. There's a few styling tweaks available too, for those who like to tinker. (Personally I can't leave anything standard!)
Needs a rear spoiler

·
Registered
48 Posts
saladfingers said:
MikeMerry said:
Needs a rear spoiler

I'm in two minds re the spoiler. They are quite subtle, but I do like the cleanliness of the square back end. It reminds me of the wonderful Cube.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
MikeMerry said:
saladfingers said:
MikeMerry said:
Needs a rear spoiler

I'm in two minds re the spoiler. They are quite subtle, but I do like the cleanliness of the square back end. It reminds me of the wonderful Cube.

Rear spoiler.
.......waste of money, and it just creates more drag, and more places for crap to accumulate.

Not as if the Note will be travelling fast enough to gain any benefits, except maybe to keep the rear window cleaner, but that's what wipers are for.

But, what ever floats peoples boats.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts