Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience of changing the aux port in the front lift up cubby hole with a usb/aux combi.

i have a 58 Tekna with the 6 cd changer head unit and noticed on ebay the other day a seller with a combi usb/aux socket for sale and he made it sound really easy to change.

Any advice about this would be much appreciated as i am very interested in doing the change if it will be recognized by the head unit and i don't end up with my dashboard in lots of bits!

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi,

there is a post on here showing how to remove the radio, with it removed you should have access to the aux port but more important you should be able to see if the radio will accept the fitting for the USB connection,

cant help more than that except to say the radio removal is just 4 screws, 2 hidden behind a panel under the radio and the other 2 in the storage box above the radio, seems an easy enough job to do.

good luck, if you do have success post back so others know, cheers

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi All Just wondered how you have got on with the Aux Port change?
as im thinking of doing the very same as we all know what kids are like these days with newer and newer gadgets, all requiring USB connections
thanks
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi . I managed to remove the stereo unit and fascia ( all one item i discovered ) with no problems, once i had removed the 4 screws, but unfortunately after inspecting the rear of my 6cd changer head unit i discovered that it would not connect with the usb/aux port unit i was watching on e-bay because the back of my units pins didn't match the leads that came with the usb/aux port. Sorry can't be more help. All i can suggest is that you do as i did and check out the back of the head unit before purchasing. Sorry can't be more help. If you find a work around or if anybody knows any way please post back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts