Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks!

My daughter has a Nissan Note 2013 - onwards model with a 1.2HR12DE Engine. She bought it second hand about 5 weeks ago and weve put it through our local garage for full service and MOT just to make sure its good and sound for her to use at her hospital work placements.

The auxiliary drive belt was replaced and the air-conditioning re-established following replacement of leaking condenser and re gas of the system. Since then a high pitched screeching noise from the aux dive belt or something that its driving can be heard on occasions at start up. It lasts for up to 30 seconds once the car is started. Its not at every start and I'm trying to figure out what helps to avoid the noise being made by getting her to turn off air-conditioning / increase revs a bit when started. It sounds more pitchy in sound than a slipping belt. I've been informed that the air-conditioning drive is by an electro magnetically engaged drive clutch and originally suspected that it was possibly the cause of the noise ( based on the fact that the air-conditioning has just been re established. After finding this website I've read in previous forums posts that there seemed to be some success of clearing the fault by replacement of the Aux drive belt tensioner. I am thinking that as the noise doesn't register with me as the belt slipping, then replacement of the tensioner could be the answer to her problem. I spoke to the garage and they suggest to give it a bit of time to see if it settles down. Just wondering if anyone who has encountered same issue with same engine that can share how they resolved the problem.

Thank you
Jim

·
Registered
2014 E12 Dig-S Tekna manual
34 Posts
There are 2 belts to replace, they are the cheap parts... Normally they are done together. I was however warned by the local stealer that the auto tensioner normally starts going after 5-8 years and should be replaced else it will start squealing again.
I ended up going the route of getting the auto tensioner replaced, since then no issues....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts