Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. Does anyone know of a guide to replace my squeaky aux belt? I'm having trouble finding any infomation. I've had a look and I take it you can get to the tensioner by removing the wheel/arch liner as there's bugger all room from the engine bay?

Any info gratefully recieved, it's doing my head in!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I post this on Cn not long ago i will dig up the info for you

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
this is for the 1.6

Note. nutA needs to be torqued to 26 ft lb

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The belt is around 11 quid, If the belt isnt worn you may be ok just tensioning the belt up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flash22 said:
this is for the 1.6

Note. nutA needs to be torqued to 26 ft lb

Excellent, thanks!

I have a 1.4 08 Note, do all they all have the locknut and adjuster as opposed to an eccentric adjuster? I'll do a sketch of the routing before I take the old one off. Once again, thanks for your help and I'll take some pictures and post up to help anyone else who's interested. Nikki x

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I will look up the cr14 shortly for you................

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
This is for the 1.4 air con and non air con

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot. I'll have a bash at it tomorrow! Thanks again Flash22 :) Nikki x

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had two belts replaced under warranty but both started making a noise again. Nissan now have a belt tension gizmo. My car is a lot better now

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a bodge, but Halfords Silicone lubricant works wonders with squealing belts. A quick spray on the reverse side (not the one that contacts the pulleys) seems to cure the problem when all else fails. Only about £4 per can.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
so is the ye old vaseline trick but it soon wears off
Ifjob is worth doing, its worth doing right first time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Decided to do the aux belts as noise is driving me nuts ,was able to banish it for a while with a glug of water but now that only works for minutes.Looking at the mini guide on this post in "green"
I've clicked the inner wing removal and belt tension link but nowt happens.Am I missing something? (dont go there) .
I did the belt on my old Micra and that was a right pain hope this is going to be easy
as I'm older now but not any wiser.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If your belt is in good condition and not cracking etc, why not just, adjust the tension!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
nope the green links wont work as its just a image from the manual

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the replies,after 2 years of screeching in damp weather... and I think I read some where that the belts need changing every five years so its on the to do list.I would like a copy of the manual please if possible.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Manual states replace "if damaged" only

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought mine from eurocarparts, made by continental (those peopel who make tyres etc). Mine was part number: 202779035
ContiTech Drive Belt £17.10 for a 1.6 petrol auto with air-con. May be different part number if you don't have air-con or have a different engine. I'm happy with the quality of the conti belt.

Anyway in my opinion once they start squeaking / squeeling replace it. The edges of the belt wear and become shiny, which is why they stop gripping properly and squeel. Mine has been perfect since replacement (about 6 months now).

http://www.eurocarparts.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Put my 1.6 Tekna Auto in for service (one of the "Gold Service" check everything) two days ago. I asked if they would tighten up the belt which squeaks first thing in the morning. Collected the car and was really happy that there was nothing needing replaced or repaired. Last night in the dark I heard a flapping noise which sounded as though I had picked up a bit or wire around a wheel. Could not see anything. This morning started car and battery warning light came on...ie not charging. Looked under the bonnet. No alternator belt....nothing there but on the left and below the pulley what looks like a guide appears bent. Presume belt had either been over tensioned and split resulting in falling off last night (hence noise) or whatever. Result is vehicle is at dealers awaiting workshop to open in the morning.. Hope I don't face a bill.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts