Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this
I have purchased a Nissan Note automatic keyless 61 plate how do I set my car to automatically lock when I start the car. My older Note use to do the automatic locking but struggling with this car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Found this bit of info on the net, try it and see. --
From the Service Manual:

The automatic door lock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.
1. Close all doors (door switch OFF)

2. Ignition switch: OFF-ON

3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch for 5 seconds or more in the lock direction within 20 seconds after turning the ignition switch ON.

4. The switching complete when the hazard lamp blinks.

OFF->On 2 blinks
On->Off 1 Blink

*: This function does not operate on M/T models.

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Unlock the car, sit on driver's seat and put the key to ignition

For those with Push Button Start, you have to turn it to ACC (push start twice w/ foot off brake).

Now press and keep pressing the lock position of the central lock button located near the handbrake.
Keep it pressed 5 seconds.

Unlock the car. Now when you drive off the doors should lock when your speed exceeds 12mph.
Doors will unlock when any of the doors are opened from the inside when the car is stationary

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Auto locking disturbs me. What happens if the electrics fail. Is there a failsafe for exit, in that event.

I don't have auto locking, but just asking........??

There was a tragic death of almost the whole family here in Ireland. Whilst watching the sea, from a slipway a wave engulfed the car, and all exits failed due to electric power loss. The only member to escape, was a baby who passed out of window(partially opened). The car was then overwhelmed by waves, and the rest of the family dies from from drowning inside the car.
Admittedly, it was a BMW.......but.!!

//

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
My brother in law, back in the day(1990's), had a Ford Fiesta Turbo RS from new. While in Liverpool shopping, had it knicked. It had an immobilizer, steering wheel lock, and a handbrake/gearstick lock. They pinched the lot. The old bill found it 2 days later......burnt out.
His insurance company wasn't going to payout. He took them to court, and won. This was because he had used the extra theft protection steering and gear stick locks, which he admitted to using.

So, what did he do....he bought another new Fiesta RS Turbo. But never went back to Liverpool.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

//

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
I used to work for Datapoint who supplied DARTS (the dealer management system) to Ford.

The sales guys had to drive Fords and one wanted a Sierra Cosworth. Our transport Manager was OK about it (Datapoint was awash with money at the time) until he saw the 'high four-figure' insurance premium.

He queried this and the company broker simply told him "It's a Cosworth, it WILL be stolen and the premium reflects this!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts