Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find another topic about this.


As per the title. They randomly turn on in unbroken bright sunlight.



They are a useful feature in underpasses and tunnels but turning on at 'random' is a tad annoying.



Yes, I could simply turn them off but if they are meant to work......



Any thoughts folks?



Else it's back to dealer for a 'looksie' as the car is only five weeks old. (1.6 ntec+ auto).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
Mine are turned off because they randomly turn on in bright sunlight, yet sometimes I cannot see the speedo because it is too dark. (I suspect this is the reason for the short bulb life some people experience.)

The wipers are turned off because sometimes I can't see out the window and nothing happens, other times they wipe like billy-o on a dry screen (and wear the blades out)

The air con air distribution is on manual face & feet because it never blows cold air on my poor hot feet..

See a pattern yet?


I wish Nissan had spent the money on a proper intermittent wipe and a temperature gauge instead of these toys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I was going to ask the dealer aout the 'random' nature of the AC. No problems with the wipers.......yet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,177 Posts
the auto wipers are intermittant, mine wipe abou 1 min after you can see anything out the screen or wipe when its stopped raining
nissan can turn down the sentivity with the consult system, but you need a electrical specilist in the dealers

Edited by: flash22
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
I just put the lights on AUTO: and they came on
my little lightmeter says 2400lx, I don't think that is eclipse time.

How come I have a sidelight tell tale in the rev counter, and a headlamp one in the speedo, but they always come on together even when on sidelights?

Oh, the twizzler on the wiper stalk controls the sensitivity of the auto wipe, rather than operating an intermittent wipe, it just doesn't work properly when there are large raindrops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
Hi, you might want to try wiping the glass screen where the rain sensor is with "glass cleaner" it doesn't take much invisible grime to affect the sensor as works on the reflected light principle from the outer surface of the windscreen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
Thanks,

When I first got it, I furiously cleaned the sensor area with all maneer of glass cleaners, and fiddled with the twizzler inside.

I reckon realistically the wipers work well 95% of the time. The other 5% are the infuriating times that I notice it is doing the wrong thing. I can put it on auto in light rain, just have to turn it off when the rain has stopped.

I think the large raindrops make it impossible to see out, but don't cover enough of the sensor to start a wipe, if that makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,698 Posts
It does, I think the area looked at by the sensor is probably a bit too small and therefore drop patterns govern the rate of wipe.I don't have the auto function thankfully, the std flick up with my finger or twizzle settings are fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,724 Posts
I had trouble with the wipers kept going when it had stopped raining, and the lights stayed on in brilliant sunshine when in auto. I cleaned the screen and all was well, as you say, the smallest haze on the outside will cause this.
I've been having problems with bad misting front screen, once again the wipers never stoppedand lights came on all the time they were in auto. I found that I had condensation on the inside of the screen inside the sensor unit.

Used a 240v blower heater in the car for about 2 hours, with the twofront windows down about 20mm to allow the hot moist air to escape (you feed your power cable through this gap)that cured that problem
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top