Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

New to the joys of Nissan ownership. Have had loads of Land Rovers in the past (still have one, the Note is my "second" car), so looking forward to not having to do loads of work on a car for a change. All those rumours about LR reliability are totally true!

Anyway, I have just acquired a 2010 Note 1.6 N-Tec Automatic. Well impressed. Probably the easiest car to drive I've ever come across. Seems well built too, comfortable, gearbox as smooth as anything. Couple of jobs to do. Done a complete fluids change, with new oil, coolant, brake fluid and doing a change of transmission fluid too (double change). Old fluid was ok (she has done 45k so far) but I'm a huge believer in fresh fluids, and no oil lasts "forever".

Anyway, since I've had the car, neither the auto lights nor auto wipers work at all.

I've been searching lots of forums, and I can see lots about either, or. I get that they can both be temperamental, but there is no life in both of mine.

Do you think that the failure of both is linked? Clearly I have suspcions about the sensors in the windscreen (presuming the sensor on the offside dash is the sun sensor for the climate control?), but are there any other "common to both" areas I should be looking at? Any basic diagnostics that I can do to try to narrow it down or is it a case of having to pay my local dealer to diagnose?

Also, I have diagnostics for my Land Rover. It does about 95% of what I need on it. Anything anyone can recommend for the Note?

Appreciate any help I can get.

By the way, great forum, learning loads already.

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Thor,welcome to the forum.
I have a 2011 1.6 Tekna which also has auto lights and wipers. The sensor is the big box like thing attached to the windscreen behind and above the rear view mirror. It is troublesome and several owners have had problems.Mine is working ok at present although the wiper Auto function is a bit hit and miss.
However if both the lights and the wipers are not working when set in Auto mode then looks like you need to investigate. I presume you have checked the lights at night in Auto mode and they don't come on. Have a look in the search function to give you an idea what may be wrong from other owners problems. If you cure the problem let us know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. yes, I've tried the lights in pitch black, nothing. The same with the wipers. The only thing that happens with the lights is that if they are left in Auto, then if I turn the front fogs on, they come on, which suggests that the circuit/control box is probably ok. My problem is that I don't have any software that can see the inputs/outputs of sensors. Grrr, really annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts