Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
If any of you out there have The Note 1.6 Auto, just be cautious of the pink coloured indicator for the Auto Transmission. What I mean to say is on my 58' Plated Tekna Auto, this little indicator slip, so when i was in "D" the indicator said "N" and so on.So I Thought I would sort it, sliding the two fron seats all the way forward and undoing two philips screws either side of the centre consol, then sliding the two seats fully back, then pushing my fingers underneatht the front of the console and pulling upwards, "Kaboom" the console comes away from the car.
Though do remember to have the car on level ground and chocked, as you need the gear selector in "N" and the handbrak not fully off, then you can remove the handbrake lower cowle andpull the Dead Locking button from the console.
Then you will see the selector hidden underneath the silver plastic cover, which by the way needs careful prising off using tw flat bladed screwdrivers to release the two front catches, once you have done this the silver cover will move up the gear stick, thus showing you the very simple gear selctor indicator.
A Piece of Illuminous Pink Paper stuck to the selector base.
I Glued Mine back with super glue, the reversed this simple procedure.

I have done this in a few cars that I have owned and all but the NOte have lights and plastic covers, no car that i know of or remember hsa a Piece of paper Glued on to the selector, HOW CRUDE !!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
all my corsa had was a plastic strip and 2 bulbs i took that apart a few times, youve got to watch that lock switch as thay fall apart if you look at it wrong

ps. have you painted them covers up yet !!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh not yet not had the time or cash to get the paint, Unemployed on sickness due to two slipped discs in my back and no feeling in my left lower leg and foot , thats why i have an auto. And before anyone says im a lazy sod ,I wish i could work get out drive a manual and get paid as three/four years of this is driving me mad!!!Thats why you should all go to www.partingcompany,co,uk

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
im in the same boat. AS ,2 fused virt, worn rotor cuff and perm dislocated colar bone always driven auto's
have a full licence but dvla resticted me to auto only
If i could work,like yourself i would

I own my car and have worked hard for my money in the past (100+ hours a week)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI Flash, so what sort of work did you do before your probs?As I have sort of started a business selling inks printers and Computers and parts etc, I sort of Work from home I say that loosely because its not work alot of the time as i need rest most of the time, bloody back!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i have done alsorts over the years but i have city and guilds in electronics, comptia N+ and A+
The mind is willing but the body isnt these days, i get tired v. quickly

The only way to think about it, is there is always someone worst of than yourself

1 - 11 of 11 Posts