Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Don't know if anyone can help me with a couple of Note related problems.
A) Just washed her and noticed that my nearside headlight has been "" stone dinged""� (please see photo below) No hole in headlight but the crack ""“lazy s shaped is approx 20mm long.
What would be the best way to seal this to stop the crack spreading, and is this classed as an MOT failure?
Do you know if the windscreen companies offer a similar repair service to windscreen where the crack is sealed with acrylic?
B) I have an early version 56 reg which has a cover over the manual door lock access which you need to remove to gain access to car using car key.
Thought I would try to find out how to do it before needing to in an emergency in the dark/rain etc.
Manual states ""carefully pull out the protection cap on the left hand side door handle by inserting the key in the cap's base slot and pry off""�""”easier said than done!
Found the gap ok (approx 6mm x 2mm) but key only goes in about 3mm and does not seen to release any clips etc.
Has anyone on this site managed to do this operation and if so how did you achieve it.
Many thanks in advance for any help offered for either of these problems.
Regards Spartacus1961

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Can't help with the key problem but the headlight shouldn't be an MOT failure if it doesn't affect the light pattern and direction.

I would drop in to the local widscreen place and ask if they can do anything, they might do it 'for a drink'.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The 'cap' is a plastic plug that fills the keyhole to stop muck getting into the mechanism. You need to pry it out of the slot completely, i imagine that it must be about 10mm or so long...a pair of pliers might be handy to extract it completely once it's standing proud of the slot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts