Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in France. My son recently crashed & wrote-off his 2009 Note. He wants to buy a replacement E11 Note with Armrest (He is quite tall) on passenger side (Front Right seat). This is proving very difficult... My question - if the car wasn’t delivered originally with an armrest, would the fixation still be in the seat frame??. (If yes, we could buy separate armrest). Any suggestions please??

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I really wouldn't bother as the armrest on the Note 'defaults' to a strange downward-pointing angle which makes it as useful as a chocolate teapot.

As a 6' 4" driver I never had the armrest in place in all the time that I owned the Note.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nigel. In fact he had armrests on his previous Note, and so is used to leaning...any idea if the default seat chassis includes the armrest fitting under the seating skin please?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I believe that the bracket (actually just a captive nut) is standard but it is easy enough to feel for it and check.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If one cannot be fitted you can always go for the aftermarket type that slots between the front seats. Assuming there is room for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If one cannot be fitted you can always go for the aftermarket type that slots between the front seats. Assuming there is room for
If one cannot be fitted you can always go for the aftermarket type that slots between the front seats. Assuming there is room for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
there is no room as I have the same problem my old note had 2 arm rest .I went to the scrappers and got another still trying to fit it

·
Registered
102 Posts
One annoying feature on later E12's is that the door 'armrest' is considerably lower than the
L.H fixed one....
Resulting in driving in a crooked position.
Fact is they should not be used for resting your arms on whilst driving. With your arms in the correct position on the steering wheel your arms are nowhere near the rests.

Wh had had drivers seat mounted rests on 3 cars now and they have one thing in common, all are/were useless. Most noticeable fact is they prevent you from plugging the seat belt in whilst they are in the down position.

But the one on the C-Max had one use, I tyrapped the dog guard to it to stop it rattling.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Fact is they should not be used for resting your arms on whilst driving. With your arms in the correct position on the steering wheel your arms are nowhere near the rests.

Wh had had drivers seat mounted rests on 3 cars now and they have one thing in common, all are/were useless. Most noticeable fact is they prevent you from plugging the seat belt in whilst they are in the down position.

But the one on the C-Max had one use, I tyrapped the dog guard to it to stop it rattling.
True for many drivers with short arms. But I'm big, and my arms go on the rests and still reach the steering wheel comfortably.
If i ever fall asleep at the wheel you'll know, because I'll go missing off the forum.
I've managed driving since 1974 with no convictions and I've owned plenty of cars with arm rests.. Land rovers etc, so i appreciate your views DIG-S but i personally do like using my arm rests as and when i decide matey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too use the arm rest especially on long journeys but being slightly ? overweight and having long arms like Jymmer I can rest my arms and reach/move the steering wheel. My old age also benefits.
Are the arm rests in between the seats just fitted on the high spec cars or on all cars, E11 & E12.

·
Registered
651 Posts
When i owned an E11 Ntec Note, it had arm rests fitted, i used them all the time like other posters have mentioned.Nothing wrong with a bit of comfort on a long drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts