Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just booked my July 2014 Note E12 21500 miles to have the creaky front suspension looked at.

Same symptoms as described, creaking over speed humps, but ok on smooth roads

I have checked all the springs and there's nothing broken, the dampers are OK. I had a look underneath and there are some gobs of grease around the subframe area, just wondered if they'd tried to bodge it on a service.

They said that they'll charge me £78 investigation fee if it's not a warranty fix. They've just stuffed me for a new alternator belt for £54

Is this definitely a warranty fix?

If not, I'll take it to my local independent

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
front anti roll bar bushes are a known fault and Nissan have a modified part for it, even the Nissan techs know this (what is rare)<div abp="1114">
<div abp="1115">the bushes are under £4 each, some more unscrupulous stealers may just grease them up to get the car out the door
<div abp="1115">
<div abp="1115">there are a few threads already on the subject,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, as we are on this subject, I have a 64 reg Note Tekna with CVT box.The front and rear suspension creaks like mad especially when the outside temperature drops low.I had the car in for its 2 year service and said I understood it was a known fault. Nissan at Aldershot said not that that thry know of and the engineer couldnt get it to do it, not surprising with no speed humps near.
Phoned Customer Services and they said not a known fault, so I'm a bit puzxled as to where to go from here.I can only assume i will have to go back to the garage and have a big argument with them. Not something I relish! Any ideas, anyone.
Lawrie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks, Nigel. So it's back to the garage then. Except the car won't start now. Why does everything happen at once.
A somewhat pissed-off Lawrie

·
Registered
101 Posts
In my case I made a real fuss on twitter facebook etc about the potential £120 diagnostic fee to look if not actually warranty. The service manager obviously heard and phoned me to check I was still bringing the car in.At end of conversation he asked me if I had any other questions (he knew) so I asked if there was any danger I would be sent away £120 worse off with an unfixed car (that was never going to happen I CAN ASSURE YOU!!) and he replied that its definitely a warranty fix. They know what the problem is and actually carry the replacement bushes in stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Note is going in this week for the same problem. But will this be a problem that is going to happen again and again?

·
Registered
101 Posts
As far as I know the new bushes are a different design - so hopefully a permanent fix. Make sure they actually change them and dont just squirt some lube at them!
Westway Nissan Coventry actually sent me a video showing my defective bushes and a second video showing them off the car to inspect the problem.
Good luck!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I took my 2015 reg E12 Note for it's second service tody.

It has a slight squeak which to be honest I think is probably interior trim, but I mentioned it when I dropped it in and I said that I'd heard there were issues with the bushes.

The office chappie noted the squeak on the work form and I expected that would be it, but when I collected the car he said the bushes needed replacing, and I'd get a call in 7-10 days to book it in for the work once Nissan had approved it.

So thanks to all on here who have highlighted this issue. Its hopefully nipped a potential problem in the bud.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Car was fixed under warranty but came back with a self tapping trim screw in the front tyre so it still cost me 10 quid and a late doctors appointment, due to wheel change, to get fixed

On the up side the TPMS worked

1 - 20 of 35 Posts