Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed a double din alpine cde-w235bt and I absolutely love the stereo. The only thing i dont like is the surround that came with it is too big so at the moment there is a gap arount the edges. I wanted to pick your brains if you installed the same stereo what you did with the gap. Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the gap is uniform all the way round you could try some chrome edging to hide the gap can you upload a picture?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Sorry I've do some thing with the other thread - fat fingers + touch screen = pita

Trim the the clip on surround with a knife then sand the edges I did this with a clarion I had in one of my corsa's

Get a bit of scrap wood and use some blu tac to hold it in place

Put masking tape over the frame and mark it up with a pen/pencil the with a rule and sharp knife trim it to with in a mm or 2

Take the tape off and sand with 600 grit wet and dry

Other option is to use rubber trim/edging (as used with pc cases)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have you tried alpine uk to see is thay do a thiner surround
Alpine TECHNICAL / PRODUCT & CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Tel: 0845 313 1660
Fax: 0845 313 1659
support[at]alpine.co.uk

a fascia from a universal double din kit should do the job the down side is you have to buy the whole kit

edit. you can get the universal trims in 100,103 and 110mm on there own

can you have a measure up

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emailed alpine yesterday. Hopefully i get a reply soon. The gap seems to be bigger on the side than the top and bottom gap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a new issue with the Alpine stereo. Just went to halfords to install pc99 ALP for steering wheel controls, when it was plugged in it didn't work correctly eg: volume control works when pressing the wrong button, volume button mutes the radio, etc. The cable that was used is pc99-alp.

Anyone encountered this issue before?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
are you using the pc99-x70 and does it say it on the little black box as ive had ones turn up in the wrong packaging

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there are 2 control lines a and b do you know what one its wired too ??
do you know if he sync'd the audio controls correctly and the orange loopis connected

Edit. where did you get the pc99-alp from ? as ive had issues due to the wrong ones in the packet (Halfords are buggers for putting stuff back in the wrong packs)
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi master flash, got it from halfords =(

I went there 3 times already since buying the stereo as I'm not that confident in getting my hands dirty.

First they tried a sony cable & didn't work then got this alpine on but still didn't work properly. I'm guessing it might be a wrong cable again?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a contact at Halfords who said autolead cables often don't work and end up being returned. He was right as I had to adapt mine to get the parrot hands free kit to work. You need both the adapter harness and alpine patch cable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the radio works fine, its just the steering controls that are messed up.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I can have a look at it for you and see if we can sort the problem PM me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to Flash for seeing me today. Now I know what the problem is. Hopefully halfords get their act together.

·
Registered
92 Posts
At a guess wrong cable 2-1, wires wrong way 5-4 patch lead not connected 3-4 or non of the above 1-4?
Glad flash has you sorted let us know how you get on with Halfords

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In fairness to halfords the guy who installed my stereo never stopped looking for a solution and before I met with flash yesterday halfords called me up and said they would replace the harnes adapter with the micra one. Flash confirmed that the cable installed originally is not the correct one. I will give them a call later to make sure the cable ordered is the pc99-x70

1 - 20 of 26 Posts