Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just popped in to introduce myself. I haven't actually got my Note yet, its due for delivery on 6th Jan so hopefully not too long to wait. I'm getting the N-Tec 1.6 auto in Magnetic Red through Motability.

It will be my first Motability car, I currently have a Fiat Panda which I must admit I'm very fond of and will be keeping, mainly to take the dog to the park because I don't want muddy paws in my new car!

Best regards

Rory

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Rory,

Welcome to the club! Congrats on your new NOTE, lucky you! You`ll find the Note, a whole lot better than any Panda!

Sent you a PM !

Jerry

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi Rory,Welcome to the site

I love picking cars up on a Friday, means you have all weekend to play!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome folks. I've been busily reading the manual, I'm a bit worried in that I've only ever driven an automatic in the States when we've been on holiday. When I had my test drive I found it really strange, especially pulling up at junctions and traffic lights and just putting my foot on the brake and not doing anything else!

I expect I'll get used to it and then get in the Panda and constantly stall it :)
Edited by: Rory

·
Registered
453 Posts
You may forget to change gear when you are in the Panda and rev it too high.

Just keep your left leg tucked into the front of your seat, keep it away from that brake peddle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome, Rory.
Locally we've had a few minor shunts with people used to manuals revving an automatictoo hard into or out of parking spaces. One poor old dear managed to shunt 3 other cars.

Enjoy your Note.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Welcome Rory , don't worry pal you'll get used to it in no time

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks chaps, just had a call from the dealer and I can collect my car next Wednesday, 4th Jan.

As it has worked out I'm off all next week so will have plenty of time to play

Edited by: Rory

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
thats good news , nothing better than have a few days to get used to your new car and play with all the gadgets

enjoy

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The N-Tec is the best model too, it has all the good bits from the Tekna (Connect, ESP, tints and bigger alloys) and none of the silly ones (alloy pedals are SO slippery with wet feet!), part leather seats (my seat is ALL hide)and electrically folding mirrors (how lazy can people be). You will love the car I'm sure Rory!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Today at a Stealership I saw a 58 plate Acenta with...wait for it....that INTELLI-KEY thing?

How is that possible on a 58 plate Acenta which is not a top of the range Tekna? I mean, I dont have that intelligent key??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
yes I have seen the keyless wonder fitted to 58 and 59 plate Acentas...horrible stupid thing, you still have to turn it like a key so what's the point of it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts