Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, another newbie into the fray
I'm looking for any info in relation to the Nissan connect satnav system (using the sd card). I'm trying to see if there is a way to add icons, new alert tones and generally any way of customizing the display in any way. Has anybody been able to do this if so let me know as I'm most interested. Hoep somebody can help

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you cant do much with the connect as its encrypted using a oem navcrypt system i have looked into it and so have a few others on other forums
btw. welcometo the forum

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If you read the sd card your see the all the map data and how its encrpted, the main system is built into the connect system firmware whats also encrypted on the hardware side of things there are 4 EQ lines, 1 of the 4 pins is grounded depending on the the car (note,juke,qashqai,micra)this inturn configures the connect firmware ie steering wheel setup, equalizer config and speed pulse setup ect
im in the process of fully working out all the configarations and inputs/out puts i have been doing this for last 18 months on an off, mainly waiting on technical documents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the technical documents on pdf if they are of any use ... so the "system" is not only partly on the sd card but in the connect firmware itself? I did read somewhere that the sd card has hidden files (not read by windows), is that correct? All my intentions are is to have custom icons (eg speed cameras) and a better alert tone/sound (eg for speed cameras). Nothing dramatic ... Are the icons for POI's on the sd card (haven't got a card reader yet) or are they on the connect ? Sorry about the questions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts