Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi allOn my second Note. Great car. My Dad was so impressed so he went and got one too. We have been a family of Toyota drivers for decades and a couple of Datsuns many years ago, but the Note is so good.
I had a black 1.6 SE auto for a couple of years and recently traded it in for a 08 plate N-TEC auto with super low miles (14,500). The bluetooth thingy is a great feature. I can now talk on the phone...lol...hands free...lol (getting into the modern age).
I hated the 16" alloys and lower profile tyres, so I got a set of 15" alloys on 185/65 tyres. Nearly new and in mint condition, on fleabay. £150 delivered, which I thought was good. I then sold the 16's on the bay for £220....result.
The car drives and handles better for me. I know its a personal thing but I just felt a more comfortable drive with the 15" on 185/65 rubber. Everyone else seems to be trying to upgrade to a bigger, lower profile.....can't understand why.
My MPG is also better with the newer Note than my old one?? Don't know why. Has the engine been tweaked?
On a decent run from Liverpool to Cambridge and back yesterday (took daughter back to Uni), a total of 390 miles, I averaged 54 miles to a gallon. I was quite pleased with this, considering it is a 1.6 auto. Nice and steady at 60 miles an hour with just an occassional blast upto 75-80....(ooooh, you devil!!).
I have put on mud guards (just as I did with my first Note), looks good...oh, and a nice chrome exhaust tail piece and a chrome antenna...looks great.
I will put on some photos when I get a chance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi newwy

Liverpool to Cambridge eh? I used to do more or less the opposite, as I live in Suffolk and my daughter went to Liverpool University. I wish I'd had my Note then, auto, cruise control, a/c etc. but I did it all in my faithful Panda. Now she's finished uni and I've bought a new car. I think I'm doing things a bit round the wrong way here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol,
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Parallel lives in reverse.[/i]<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">It was novel at first, driving all the way to Cambridge and back but getting a bit fed up with it now. Cambridge is a lovely town and there is a definite academic type atmosphere about the place. Great place to learn, surrounded by all those cleaver bods.[/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">I'm getting a better MPG with my latest Note compared to my first one, even though they are same engine size!?? I just toodle along in the inside lane of the M6/A14 at a steady 60 miles an hour. The last trip the comp said 54mpg, although I reckon it was more like about 48-49mpg. Which is decent enough for a fully laden 1.6 auto (one way at least). I'm getting about 32 around town. Not bad at all.[/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">
[/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Did they tweek the latest 1.6 engine? Its cheaper to tax than my last Note, so must be putting out fewer emissions, and better MPG.[/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Anyway, really happy with it. The rear space is great with several 6ft tall teenagers!![/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">
[/i]
<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; ">Dave[/i]

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
welcome aboard newwy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts